Sign in to follow this  
lokieagle62

Black screen after using menu/fs passengers.

Good Day,

I just bought the 777. A great machine and I am having TONS of fun flying it. However, when I fly with FS Passengers. I load the airplane from the menu, then load fs passengers. After initializing the flight, I have a black screen. The simulator is still running though. If I were to click around I can still click buttons and switches. ATC still talks to other planes and the sim seems to continue as normal, but I have a black screen. This also happens when I pre-maturely respond to ATC and push "1" which brings up the flight plan menu instead of answering ATC. The black screen comes up but the simulator keeps going as if nothing is wrong. This happens when opening "flight analysis" aswell. Any Thoughts?

Dylan L.

I will download it and get back to you. Just a note, I dont have a crash to desktop, its just a black screen but the sim is still running.

Thank you

Hi hopskip, unfortunately the download did not work. I verified it is in the folder and ran a couple flights and the same thing happened. I will keep at her

Dylan L.

Hmm. Are you able to change between windowed mode and fullscreen? (I'm guessing you can but it's still a black screen on both. :unsure: )

I am running windows 7. I tried the windowed mode but that ended freezing the sim. I was getting frustrated around this time and rebooted the computer. So now, whenever i fly it, i keep re-starting the sim until it works. I have both pmdg 737ngx and pmdg 747 and they never did this at all. Maybe its a bug that 777 isnt getting along with on my computer and hopefully PMDG puts out an update that would fix it

Dylan L.

This isn't a 777 bug - there's long standing weird issues with FSX and how it interacts with the graphics driver and Windows that cause this type of thing for some people. We certainly have no control from our code over how FSX switches between menus, windows etc. That's way lower level than what we do.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Enter key does not work. What is weird is that PMDG 737ngx and 747 have started doing this ever since I installed PMDG 777. Its frustrating but I can still fly. Thanks for the feeback Ryan.

Dylan L.

Enter key does not work. What is weird is that PMDG 737ngx and 747 have started doing this ever since I installed PMDG 777. Its frustrating but I can still fly. Thanks for the feeback Ryan.

Dylan L.

Which GPU do you have? NVidia? Using ENB series?
Did you do any changes in FSX.CFG?
Did you change the NVidia inspector?

Think its the shift  and  enter  key together

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Pushing Shift/Enter does not work.

Only known changes I have made to the FSX folder is adding the UIAutomationCore document.

I run NVIDIA graphics. I have not touched any NVIDIA options/settings since I started using FSX. 

Is it possible that my screen resolution is conflicting with FSX? 

Good Day, I kept playing with different fsx settings. Originally running FSX in windows mode (ALT+ENTER) did not work. However, i changed the screen resolution and I turned down a couple effects. Running the sim in screen mode has seemed to work. Just thought I would give you all some closure. Thanks for your help

Have you fixed this problem .  I have had it since 777 download also.   Used to get this years ago

thomas

Hi Thomas, apologies for the late reply. After using the windowed mode and altering my screen resolution I have fixed the problem. The black scree does not appear and I have found that the sim runs a little smoother too.