Sign in to follow this  
PGBosak

@ PMDG: asking for second hidden CDU clickspot

I know you are after the 2D experience, but really, even if you are hand-flying, when you need to get at the FMC it is not a big deal to look down and click on it.

I use the numpad keys to pan around in those situations (or has already been suggested, simply pressing shift+2/3/4 to call up the desired CDU).

I still use a 4:3 monitor, but nowhere will you read me complaining about the aspect ratio of the pop-up panels (or the fact that the pop-up CDUs are a bit small). I got in there and modified the .cfg file so the pop-ups appear at the correct aspect and the desired size by default. I also modified the default location for the pop-up windows so they open at the bottom and not in the center of the screen. I know it is not supported by PMDG but I know that it has no material effect upon the sim, and makes it a lot easier to use.

Best regards,

Robin.

and have a view that zooms straight to the cdu

I'd like to avoid this in future, because the workload for any online-pilot is going to be more and more and it would be easy to implement.

I have to deal with the radios, doing readback, follow instructions, reading charts, dealing with ECL (777), handflying,

maybe some FS2Crew, when it arrives. 

So i appreciate any easement in handling avoiding unnecessary changing of view for CDU for example, as designed with the Radios and

the MCP.

Hi,

since you seem to be after keeping a 2D perspective as much as possible I wonder if you could write your own XML gauge that can be used to open other panel windows?  It seems like this (http://www.fs2x.com/Tutorials.htm) would be good place to work that out.  You could then keep a small gauge window open off to the side that allows you to click and open the FMCs.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Hi Ryan,

sorry to hear that, because i didn't ask for 50 further clickspots, but for one, which does make sense from ergonomic point.

And how much could this one affect the plane really to insist on PMDG principle?

You didn't forget to place the radio clickspots and the MCP smart (because they are centrally situated), but the most

needed instrument (CDU) is still out of reach and that's nothing i'd ever expect from PMDG.

The problem isn't so much this one request, it's all the ones from other people that come after as a result. If we add everyone's pet clickspot request it could get out of control quickly. Michael sees an easy way to do this without adding a new spot so I guess we will, but I want to caution everyone else not to expect that whatever they want will also be implemented.

I also really don't think it is that much of an imposition to pan down to the FMC using mouse+spacebar or the joystick POV. This idea that you should have just one view out the front and bring up everything else into that view honestly isn't realistic at all - in the real plane you absolutely do have to put your head down to use the FMC. You don't get a magic popup of it that still allows you to see outside.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The problem isn't so much this one request, it's all the ones from other people that come after as a result. If we add everyone's pet clickspot request it could get out of control quickly. Michael sees an easy way to do this without adding a new spot so I guess we will, but I want to caution everyone else not to expect that whatever they want will also be implemented.

I also really don't think it is that much of an imposition to pan down to the FMC using mouse+spacebar or the joystick POV. This idea that you should have just one view out the front and bring up everything else into that view honestly isn't realistic at all - in the real plane you absolutely do have to put your head down to use the FMC. You don't get a magic popup of it that still allows you to see outside.

I totally understand your concern about the possibility in momentum , but every single request could being seen positive or negative. This shouldn't prevent from communicating. And thats what we do primary.

Sometimes a request  seems to be useful from the moment written, sometimes it must be realized on the job, surely some requests are never being useful.

But i'm very sure this little feature isn't anyones disadvantage and gives some of the feeling back 2D pilots sadly miss.

There is a reason, why 2D is still popular, and this doesn't have to do with realism, but user friendliness. The reason why i'm simming, is to have

fun. We 'd approach realism if we pay real $ for every ton virtually Jet A1 we burn with our PMDG aircrafts. I'm sure the point of realism has its individually ending.

Though i have further ideas for improvement, but this single missing clickspot annoys me the most on every flight with this beautiful 777.

Maybe you could also reconsider a syncing option for Captains and F/O minimums. I can't believe simmers do this for the F/O side at all. 

I personally very appreciate the idea of autostepclimb. I had no time to checkout yet, but do the center pumps close automatically when autostepclimb is enabled 

and my tanks are nearly empty, if i let fly my 777 itself overnight? If it isn't already done, it would be useful, too.

Just thoughts which came up using 777, nothing i must have seen implemented.  ^_^

Finally i want to thank you Ryan for your efforts to implement refueling option, as far is i remember we owe you this option. This is realism i'm identifying with.  

Question on that:

If i start my cold and dark aircraft my tank is fully loaded. So i have to empty my tanks first in fuel menu, if i want to use ground operations. Is there another trick?

Individual Panel-state with X tons of fuel?

regards

You need  to make you own panel  state   put  in the fuel  you require  and  save it

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Maybe we can get a compromising solution here. 

Implement a right mouse click for CDU to the already existing radio panel clickspot (MIC switch)?

FYI:

Finally this is implemented this as a right-click on the existing EFIS/MCP pop-up clickspot and not the radio clickspot as originally suggested.

It makes more sense, and is more centrally located as was the case with the similar NGX clickspot. 

The clickspot at the captains side will open the left CDU and the one on the F/O side the right CDU.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

You need  to make you own panel  state   put  in the fuel  you require  and  save it

Thank you Peter for claryfying.

FYI:

Finally this is implemented this as a right-click on the existing EFIS/MCP pop-up clickspot and not the radio clickspot as originally suggested.

It makes more sense, and is more centrally located as was the case with the similar NGX clickspot. 

The clickspot at the captains side will open the left CDU and the one on the F/O side the right CDU.

That's good news. Thank you Michael and PMDG.  :drinks: