Sign in to follow this  
moey124

how will u enter this route in fmc

PRCH9 DINTY R576 DENNS MAGGI3

How will u enter this route in fmc?

Can somebody help me out with this. Thanks.

Read the tutorial and introduction...this is basic stuff that you will find in there right away

Mark Javornik

RTE page 2. It allows entry of airways there.

[AIRWAYS].....[WAYPOINTS]

DIRECT........DINTY

R576..........DENNS

Enter the route like this first then select your SID/STAR from the DEP/ARR pages (note that DIRECT is auto-filled - you can ONLY enter waypoints and airways on the respective side).

If you have multiple airways, you can enter these in sequence and it will auto-fill the ajoining waypoint. Note that I have experienced it using the wrong waypoints, then not knowing what the next airway is. Be sure to check the LEGS and PROG pages after route entry, in addittion to confirming the data in the RTE pages, to ensure the route is sane (in my case, it chose waypoints that were EAST, not WEST longitude - this was detected when I checked the distance - thousands of miles too long).

Best regards,

Robin.

RTE page 2. It allows entry of airways there.

[AIRWAYS].....[WAYPOINTS]

DIRECT........DINTY

R576..........DENNS

Best regards,

Robin.

Hey robin. What about maggi3 on the route. How do u enter that one?

Thanks.

Also what happens to prch9?

They are SIDs/STARs and selected via the DEP/ARR page. Select them after you confirmed the routing is OK. Don't forget to check the LEGS page after selection, to ensure everything is as you think it should be.

Check distances/headings between waypoints - if headings turn 180 degrees from what you expect it could indicate a problem.

Best regards,

Robin.

They are SIDs/STARs and selected via the DEP/ARR page. Select them after you confirmed the routing is OK. Don't forget to check the LEGS page after selection, to ensure everything is as you think it should be.

Check distances/headings between waypoints - if headings turn 180 degrees from what you expect it could indicate a problem.

Best regards,

Robin.

okay robin thanks let me give it a shot.. I think I understand.. I hope..

I types in the route as u said. But when I didy sid I saw vectors came up on the fmc

Is that normal. Or how do I get rid of vectors?

Some Departure routes in the real world have a section which is completed by ATC, Often they will be a climb profile to pass a certain altitude before a given position, then 'radar vectors' by ATC to avoid other traffic. At some point you would be cleared to the next point (after Vectors), at which point you go to the FMC "Legs" page, line select the next waypoint which will place it's designator on the scratch pad, and then you will line select the "top left" position, which will make that waypoint active.

This is more common at busy airports with lots of traffic, secondary airports, large rich suburbs with 'noise sharing', or really busy runways where a method of dealing with wake turbulence is to turn each departure in sequence a different direction.

Normally if you have a 737 following a 777 on departure, they would need to wait for 3 minutes between takeoffs. But if you make the 777 turn left, and the 737 turn right, you can pull that down to less than 1 minute. Having "Vectors" as part of the departure procedure simply means that the track you are to follow isn't 'fixed' and may actually change flight to flight. Indeed, the flight that's going to take off 45 seconds after you are airborne might be on the same SID, but will go an entirely different direction to you.

If the procedure doesn't have "VECTORS" in it, then you would fly the route on LNAV/VNAV

With "VECTORS" you can still use LNAV (to manage speed/climb) but you will need to use Heading Select for the section after Vectors (or manually fly it with your yoke).

The suggestion would be to look at the chart to make sure there aren't any other things that "VECTORS" mean, Some SID's might say "Climb to reach 2dme at or above 800ft, then turn left heading 220°. Expect ATC vectors to final fix.

In this case you would climb to 800ft, and passing 800ft start turning left to point your nose at 220° magnetic (heading) while still climbing, You would start the turn to 220 on your own without talking to ATC... Once you talk to ATC they might give you a new heading "Turn further left heading 180" or a direct-to "Climb FL240, track direct DINTY, own navigation" At which time you do the Legs page trick and engage LNAV once the active waypoint is DINTY (magenta colour, on top of Legs page)

I understand now. But I had put dinty instead of vectors and it took me straight to vectors. On the way to honolou.

I understand now. But I had put dinty instead of vectors and it took me straight to vectors. On the way to honolou.

"Vectors" isn't a waypoint.

It's part of the Standard Instrument Departure. It's the part of the SID that is telling you that you should look at the chart before you take off, and talk to ATC after you takeoff.

If you're not flying online on Vatsim or IVAO etc though, just placing DINTY over the top of Vectors and going direct is good enough.

"Vectors" isn't a waypoint.

It's part of the Standard Instrument Departure. It's the part of the SID that is telling you that you should look at the chart before you take off, and talk to ATC after you takeoff.

If you're not flying online on Vatsim or IVAO etc though, just placing DINTY over the top of Vectors and going direct is good enough.

yeah that's what I did with dinty I replaced it with vectors.. It took me straight to dinty.... yep... amazing aircraft...

Yep, that's what it'll do...

incidently the PIC767 for FS2000 did this in 2001...

Yep, that's what it'll do...

incidently the PIC767 for FS2000 did this in 2001...

yep... my sqwak box is freezing my fsx.. I don't know whats the problem.. within 20 mins it freezes it... is there a solution for this problem?

hey I am desending into pHNL and I am approcahin MAGGI but on my legs page it doesn't show me what altidue I should be at when I reach MAGGI? Why is that?