Sign in to follow this  
Byrna

What type of simmer are you?

Guest danowat

On my travels around the various forums, it seems that simmers fall into 4 catagories.Thought it would be interesting to see how the catagories wieght up.They are...1) The "Tweaker", this person spends most of his/her time on FS, tweaking, adding addons, testing addons, but very little time actually flying.2) The "Creator", this person spends most of his/her time creating for FS, be it models, textures, scenery etc.3) The "Flyer", this person spends the most of his/her time actually flying FS.4) The "Regular user", this person divides his/her time equally between the any 1 or 2 of the above.I used to be No1, but now I would fall into No4.Dan.

4 for me!

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest mruane

3 for me! No patience for 1, no talent for 2 and barely enough talent for 3 come to think of it...

Guest mike_cyul

1 and 3, for me. Although I have FS9 mainly for flying, I think it has also become some sort of substitute for gardening, given the amount of time I spend tweaking afcads and textures, pulling out old sceneries and replacing them with new, and keeping up to date with which developer is doing what. Too bad you can't get a tan from your monitor. :)Mike F.

#4 with a large dash of #3, but sporadic splashes of #1 every now and again.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest garymccl

What a question - it's made me think as my immediate response would be #4, thinking that I don't really have a talent for any of the others. Having said that, last weekend I bought PSS Concorde, and I'm currently getting to know it. When I do, I will get bored and move on to another add-on I guess. The last one was PMDGs 737, and I think the next one will be ActiveSky. I really think that I do move from one to the other - trying to build up the "perfect simulated world"!So it's #1 for me.Gary

Guest Captain Barfbag

I'm a Tweaker. Every now and then I go off on a flying binge, but then I find some airport where the traffic is insufficient, or the planes are all backed up at a taxiway, and I'm back to the drawing board.But you forgot #5, The Lurker. That's the character that spends all of his/her time prowling the AVSIM forums.

Guest LLgaz

I used to be #1. But now I'm definitely a #4. I install FS, install FSNav, FSBuild and the PMDG737, Grabowski ERJ DF Archer and RFP747, all with saved panel.cfg files so that I don't have to tweak. Then I install my RXp weather radar. All my panel.cfgs are already configured for it from the saved files. I put in my saved kneeboard config which allows me to access charts from the kneeboard, as well as the avsim forum. Put in my saved kb file for the PMDG so that I get my saved keyboard shortcuts from the PMDG menu. I then paste in my saved FSUIPC buttons in the FSUIPC.ini file to get my joystick buttons working without tweaking. I then install Ultimate Traffic and updates. I download and install the latest version of editvoicepack to get my airline names enabled. Then, I paste in certain sections of the FS9.cfg file that I have saved as well. Finally Antilles2004 and I'm good to go.Including installation of FS, this takes roughly 1 - 2 hours depending on my mood. That's it. I then start flying. I do not bother installing anything else unless I need it. For example if I decide to fly to KLGA, then I'll go install the KLGA addon scenery (which is already saved in a folder with all updates and afcad so that I simply drag it into the relevant FS folder and activate it in the scenery library.......again, minimum of tweaking and fuss) If I have a day off which means a full day of flying, then I'd steal a tiny part of this and install Justin's mesh for the US and maybe some FSCene textures. But that's only if I have a full day.Finally, and I think this is the biggest step to becomming a flyer and not a tweaker, I have the FPS counter turned OFF and never put it on unless things slow to an obvious crawl - which hardly ever happens.

Guest Zevious Zoquis

Equal measures of #1 and #3 for me

Guest Bob Z

I didn't have FS2002 and started with FS2004 so I had a lot to learn and still do.1) Tweaker2) Creator3) Flyer4) Regular user The first two months would be 3.The next 9 months or so would definitely be 1.Currently it's somewhere between 3 and 4.2 is a future possibility.