Sign in to follow this  
Bill Womack

Confused

I'll start by saying I always considered myself a friend of Avsim. I've attended and enjoyed several conferences, including making presentations. I've sat in on beer-n-bull sessions with Tom and the staff. I have been a contributor on the forums. Files from my 11-year history as an FS developer can be found in the library here. So when I decided to break away from a certain southern hemisphere developer and start my own scenery brand, one of the first news outlets I targeted with my press release was, of course, this one.

Look, I know that certain people I've been associated with in the past have ruffled some feathers here. As near as I can recall, however, I've never had or made any trouble with the Avsim staff. So you can imagine my confusion when my big announcement never made it to the front page. A new venture from veteran developer who has put in hours of freeware and tutorials, not to mention working with nearly every major FS publisher, isn't relevant news? It's a little confounding.

My apologies Bill. We will take care of that. A simple oversight and not something personal, I am sure.

Hi Bill , nothing so complex going on , one of our editorial policies has upcoming ventures and releases not included in the list of items we publish.

You and your many contributions are legend , we worked together once as well, the submission didn't get published for the above reason , though with Toms permission we can of course publish your new endeavour, I apply policy with sometimes too firm an application of the rules , applied with equal vigor i am afraid even when i know the parties well.

Thanks Tom and Chuck. Good to know it was a simple policy issue. If it helps, this isn't an upcoming venture - it's happening, right now.

Bill

with Toms permission we can of course publish your new endeavour, I apply policy with sometimes too firm an application of the rules , applied with equal vigor i am afraid even when i know the parties well.

Go for it Chuck!

Bill,

I for one, without too much of a stretch say that I am fond of you and favor your scenery. I know the Avsim team, all of us respect you and your long term friendship with us. I too apologize that you were put into the position to have felt otherwise.

Lord willing, I will be a strong supporter of your new sceneries.

Kindest and most personal regards,

PS:

If you could us another helping hand, I would love to be beta tester (but not a direct promoter in order to stay within the strictest interpretation of AVSIM conflict of interest guidelines).

I wish and hope you have the greatest success Bill!

Steve

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com