Sign in to follow this  
Morph

MD-80 series?

The MD-90 was a 5 foot stretch of the MD-88 re-engined with the IAE V2500. The flightdeck is basically the same as the MD-80. In contrast, the MD-95 went back to DC-9-30 fuselage length and even had DC-9-30 wings (not MD-80 wings). Different engines again (Rolls-Royce BR700).  It had the same all glass cockpit as the MD11, very much of the 1990s.  The 717 as eventually produced ended up with BR715 engines.  So the MD95/717 is very different to the MD-90.  They are only related by chronology really.  Different ends of the capacity spectrum.

As a new tech version of the DC-9-30 it really should have been much more popular than it was. I hope a good quality 717 makes it to FSX, I'll be first in line to buy one. I'm not so bothered by the MD-90, it's too similar to the MD-80.

Read this on the subway into town on Friday evening and just wanted to say thanks for the history and technical detail.  It was a good read.

Kyle Rodgers

Read this on the subway into town on Friday evening and just wanted to say thanks for the history and technical detail.  It was a good read.

You're welcome, Kyle.

ki9cAAb.jpg