Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flyforever

Adjusting brightness or contrast with dx10

Things are looking very good, but the panels appear to have some kind of haze and a peculiar brightness, as if the screen contrast were lowered and the brightness were increased.

These are effects that I see only with Dx10, since I have not altered any video brightness or contrast. The text is very sharp and I like it. It's only this haze that brightens everything. I don't have bloom on.

Clearly, there must be some line either in Nvidia inspector or elsewhere that needs tweaking.

tony

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, i encounter the same problem.

The describtion above nails it.

I fiddle around with SweetFX, but haven't got now my sweet spot for it - and I'm not patient enough to try all these settings there. One issue is, that adding more contrast in SeetFX results in unsharp textures then ...

I have also a nvidia card.

Would be nice if someone knows something about that "issue" or have a good and framefriendly SweetFX setting to solve this ...

Question, do you meant his with or without the Parson's fix installed?

I have also noticed the bloomy effect on bright elements in the VC, it does not bother me that much,

The problem that I have is that my VC panel brightness has come down significantly... It is like the brightness floor for VC elements has gone down making reading some of the panels impossible.