Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

britbeef

OMDB, PANC and LFPO

I have a high end system and I like to fly with plenty of traffic and most of the sliders towards the right. Most of the time I get reasonable frame rates - for instance I can land the NGX at UK2000's EGCC with frame rates in the high teens. However with Fly Tampa's OMDB, Aerosoft's PANC and Aerosoft's LFPO frame rates are down as low as 2 even with the default Cessna, no traffic and all the sliders to the left. I have tried re-installing and disabling Ultimate Terrain makes no difference. I see nothing like this in any of the developers' forums. Can anyone suggest a common factor?

Bob

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The Microsoft fsx development team (Aces) was looking out for people like you back in 2006.  If you go to the FSX Settings after you first start up fsx, there's an option to save your current fsx configuration.  So you can save your current configuration as High_FPS.cfg.  Then you can click on the Customize page and set your sliders lower for the scenery and aircraft that cause lower fps and then go back and save that configuration as Lower_FPS.cfg.  Or you can have a configuration for each, say Fly_Tampa.cfg, or OMDB.cfg, etc., etc.  Then, when you first load FSX, you go to the Settings page and click on Load and load whatever configuration you want loaded.  It takes some time to get the right configuration for each though and that's the really hard part as you'll need to go fly and see how well each configuration is working before you save it.  Your Fsx.cfg will still be there.  These small configs only change whatever sliders you changed for each.

Best regards,

Jim

Thanks for the reply, Jim.

The problem is that I can't get decent performance for these airports with any configuration at all. It is obviously something peculiar to my setup but I had hoped it might ring a bell with someone. I guess I shall have to wait until that awful day when I have to reinstall the whole shooting match.

Bob

Try lowering your traffic to zero to see if you can get them up. Those are high traffic areas in the sim.

If it isnt AI it might be something in your graphics card settings. Try turning things down one by one. AA/AF for example.