Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Legacy...?

I have the Legacy Shader enabled but I wonder if I even need it. Afaik Legacy stands for er... older FS9 software that's been converted to FSX...? The thing is: I only have new airplanes (RealAir Legacy (no pun intended :P ) and the A2A C172R and I only have new scenery (Orbx). So do I need that shader? If not, does it have any impact on performance at all if I leave that option on or off?

I think that several static aircraft  (not 100% sure where) and FTX NA traffic aircrafts are still in legacy mode (e.g. KORS). Maybe other AI traffic ac too.  For those you need Legacy shader enabled. Ottherwise probably not.

Harry

- Harry J.

i7-7820X (@4.8 GHz), 32GB RAM (@3467) 2080Ti (3440x1440), SSD 500GB, (Win10x64),  SSDs 1+2 TB (P3Dv5.x + ORBX). FSGlobalNG (mesh), ORBX (Global+OLC, all FTX Regions, all TE products, many Airports), DDscenery (NY, CH, MIA), Airports (FT, FB, FSDT, AS); PMDG (737, 747, 777), MJC DQ400, RA Piston Duke, A2A C172. Weather ASP5. F1 GTN complete. AI Traffic: AIG OCI

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

18%
    $4,590.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now