Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

KDAL v1.15B Causing Stutter On Takeoff 31L or 31R

So I downloaded the KDAL v1.15b add on scenery from Doug Adkins and when taking off on 31L or 31R the game pauses for about 1-2 seconds then resumes.     If I take off from the opposite direction, this freeze does not happen.    Now, I thought I had uninstalled it but now that pause is there regardless of whether the scenery is installed or uninstalled, which is annoying.

So I was pouring over the manual to see if I had screwed up somewhere but couldn't see that I did anything wrong.    I can't find any files left over after uninstall.    It came with it's own installer which I used to install and I used it's uninstaller also to remove it but it has done something to some file somewhere that has stayed behind.

The only thing I can think of why it is pausing like this is because of one little piece of text in the ReadMe file.

"Also added, Landclass area around the lake."

I use ORBX FTX Global and REX Essentials for textures and landclass.    

There is in fact a small lake at the end of 31L/31R.    And when I get close to it on take off and start to rise into the air, that is when the simulation pauses for those annoying 2 seconds.   When it comes back to life, the lake flickers and all the textures around it from ORBX turn black for a a second then restore themselves.

It is my opinion, that this KDAL installer has done something to a file somewhere that is beyond the scope of just adding some BGL files to the Addon Scenery folder and whatever it has added, it is leaving it behind after uninstall and screwing up that end of the runway.

I know NOTHING about making scenery or even what a landclass is.   I just know ORBX uses them and this KDAL add-on used one for the region around the lake and it is around the lake that this freeze is occurring now.

To you scenery gurus out there, what can I do remove this freeze and restore the landclass to the default?    Does what I describe above sound like ORBX FTX Global and the KDAL scenery are colliding over this lake area?   I really want to use this airport add-on as it makes KDAL come to life over the standard FSX version of the airport but I need to eliminate this freeze being caused at that end of the airport.   Any ideas or suggestions of where to look and what to look for?   KDAL is my home airport and I fly out of all the time for Southwest Virtual and this freeze is killing me.   Any help would be appreciated.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

As the file is not in the Avsim library, why don't you tell us where you got it and maybe someone can take a look at it.

Please include zip file name.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

As the file is not in the Avsim library, why don't you tell us where you got it and maybe someone can take a look at it.

Please include zip file name.

regards,

Joe

It is from Flightsim.com's library located here:   http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fsview.php?do=list&fid=137172

Zip file name is:   

fsx_kdal_install_15b.zip

Thanks!

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I have not tested this addon, but it only adds 2 files to the sim.

KDAL_ade_cw_da.BGL which is the AFD file and...

KDAL_ade_da_CVX.bgl which is the landclass file, which could also contain other terrain data.

If those 2 files are removed and you still have the symptoms, then something else is causing it.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

These files wouldn't have ended up in some cache folder would they?    There is nothing else that should be causing this.    I have installed FSX 5 times in the last 6 months and on the #4 and #5 everything was fine until I installed this add-on airport.   And both times when I removed it, the problem it starts at that lake at the end of 31L stays behind.   It has to be leaving something behind somewhere.   

I know for a fact that it is the lake at the end of the runway causing this problem and it only starts after this add-on is added and persists after it is uninstalled.  I thought it was FS Global Ultimate causing this which does the terrain mesh but I discovered that I don't have the freeze with it if I don't install the KDAL airport.    On #5 re-install I didn't install FS Global Ultimate and it was smooth... until I added the airport.   This is how I came to the conclusion that this airport was in fact the culprit... now I can't figure out how to undo the damage...  and I really don't want to go through Install #6... It will take me forever to get my FSX back to the smoothness it is currently running at (minus my home airport... -_- )

100454.png

Brian Navy

And I just discovered a new problem at KDAL, over that same lake when landing on 13R/13L...   at about 200 feet off the ground... my plane explodes and a CRASH is detected.  :(    So apparently the height of the lake on my screen vs. the height data for that landclass are different?   I don't really know how it all works.   I just know I have recreated the problem 3 times in a row just to make sure and my plane crashes.    I feel like I am stuck in an episode of 'UNDER THE DOME'.   :(    Sent a message to the airport designer to see if he can help but I don't know if he will respond.  The last update was 6/30/2009 on the airport...    I have a horrible feeling I am going to have to reinstall FSX for the 7TH time now in 6 months to get KDAL back in working order.   No one knows how to help with this problem...

100454.png

Brian Navy

Hello,...

Kuragiman did get in contact with me,... and the problem has been solved (Awhile back now,  .. if any one else is running ORBX software with my KDAL scenery,... please contact me through the email address within the compressed/exe file.  Thanks!

Doug