Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FSXDan

FMC Dest approach not possible...why?

hey everyone, 

So i get the MSG on my FMC and I cant figure out why. Im flying from KLAX>KLAS, still a noob but learned how to run the NGX recently, i put my origin and dest on my mfc, then placed all my waypoints from SimRoutes.com on KLAS runway 25R, I have the takeoff waypoints all the way through OSHNN and into DAG, about 9 points in total, Direct on MFC. I then have the ending points from DAG to KLAS, with an approach to runway 25L, I have the exact way points that make up the route in my RTE on FMC.

I normally get to FL280 that i've set just fine. But once I pass the halfway point and into DAG, nothing happens. I will get even 30-40NM from the airport and im still sailing at about FL220. I then overshoot the runway, I even set my ALT to 3000ft to try and get it to lower while in a descent point. No luck, I will follow the route and keep maintaining a high altitude while it very slowly starts to lower the closer I get to KLAS. What am I doing wrong to get the FMC to follow the RTE I laid out with its preset altitude and speed settings to the right. I need to get to 3000 to set the VORLCK and APP settings, but I cant obviously.

thanks for any help! 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!