Sign in to follow this  
rbgomes

First Thoughts and help needed

Hello Everybody,

It took me a few weeks since introduced by a friend to FS2Crew to finally purchase it. Not that I thought FS2Crew was not fantastic or anything: I am just a 40+ yo PP who does not understand too much of computer stuff. I am a fairly good aviator, but awful on computer stuff. This is the reason I sometimes avoid complex add-ons, as wonderful as they might be.

But I finally made up my mind and bought it yesterday. Well, my fears materialized and I am stuck.

First, I just found out AFTER I bought that speech recognition on windows 7 only works on W7 Ultimate. My PC runs Professional!! This should be said way early to avoid problems like mine. Will I ever be able to use voice FS2Crew? I surely hope so, becouse that is the reason I bought it!

Also, the ammount of small tweaks needed to install on P3D is too much for me. I tried to make it work, at least the button version, no way yet. Why not have a "tutorial for Dummies" like me on how to install on P3D?

If anyone can direct me to an easy way to make FS2Crew work on P3D, I would love to hear.

Meanwhile, I am stuck.

Regards!

Sorry for the late response.

We don't officially support P3D because PMDG doesn't.

But all you'll need to do is just run the FS2Crew installer and point the destination directory to the P3D folder.

HOWEVER, you'll need to copy the updated NGX panel.cfg from FSX to P3D manually.

The FS2Crew NGX Config Manager will not update a panel.cfg located in P3D.

Cheers,

Thanks guys.

I have been able to install and use the voice version. Fantastic. I am getting used to the checklists and all goes well.... except for something I will open another post.

Thanks.