Sign in to follow this  
captain420

How come there's no trial mode for PFPX?

I agree and have started to tweak the Posky 777-200 for accurate fuel burn figures. Although there isn't a Posky 777 template you can use another and tweak the fuel burn figures making it a pretty close second. The Posky aircraft are good flight models and fly well in FSX.

Training is quite different to full blown flights. PFPX is overkill for light aircraft. But by all means ask the question in the PFPX forum. http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/592-pfpx-professional-flight-planner-x/

Spending over $50 for a flight planner for a Cessna is not something I would contemplate but it's up to the buyer to decide.

+1 I want to be clear here. I think pfpx is a great product, but I like flying jets and use it for that. If all someone is going to fly is a cessna and small GA aircraft then the pfpx is pretty much overkill imo. The best way to understand the product is to watch youtube videos of it. By watching the videos you should be able to easily determine if its a product that fits your needs. If you really want to use it with GA aircraft I agree the PFPX forum would be a great place to ask that question. I'm sure there are people that use it that way and they could give you on point feedback about your goals. 

what do you mean by there isn't another template you can use another?? The template can't be copied and made to work with another a/c? 

That question - if directed to me - doesn't make any sense. How can you use a Boeing or Airbus template as a basis for a Cessna? :rolleyes:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

That question - if directed to me - doesn't make any sense. How can you use a Boeing or Airbus template as a basis for a Cessna? :rolleyes:

This keeps getting brought up. I was referencing a post I saw at A2A. Really the best place for these types of specific questions would be the pfpx forum, because it gets into the real nitty gritty and some people there have done it. All the specific steps they take to create a cessna profile. I think they are taking one of the templates and just changing all the numbers, but I am not sure of since I never bothered doing it for my Cessna.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=35911

As discussion has moved away from the original post I'll leave chat on the Cessna to those interested.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Yes it was directed at you Ray; I was trying to clarify your comment; and no I would not expect a Boeing profile to work with a Cessna profile but for all intents and purposes; suppose you have a TBM800 profile obviously the fuel burns and climbs are going to be totally different you could modify/copy it for Cessna use??? 

I'm not saying it should be used for Cessna props, but you might want to use it for long range turbine (prop or jet) use even in the GA category especially going IFR although I understand the software is intended for the bigger aircraft which I definitely intend to use it for but as I pointed out I tend to do freeware most of the time.

I think I got the answers I wanted this has been really helpful :)  

I was trying to clarify your comment; and no I would not expect a Boeing profile to work with a Cessna profile but for all intents and purposes; suppose you have a TBM800 profile obviously the fuel burns and climbs are going to be totally different you could modify/copy it for Cessna use???

There isn't a TBM800 profile in PFPX so you would have to use a Boeing or Airbus as a basis for creating one for a Cessna. You can't modify the supplied templates but you can use them as a basis for a new aircraft.

I'm not saying it should be used for Cessna props, but you might want to use it for long range turbine (prop or jet) use even in the GA category especially going IFR although I understand the software is intended for the bigger aircraft which I definitely intend to use it for but as I pointed out I tend to do freeware most of the time.

I don't think PFPX is designed even for turbine aircraft. The database of aircraft suggests that. Here is the aircraft template for a B737-800. How difficult it would be to modify it for a Cessna I have no idea. But as I said earlier PFPX is total overkill for anything other than passenger jets. The minimum I would use it for would be the Learjet.

post-100288-0-80787900-1387447487.png

post-100288-0-80787900-1387447487.png

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather