Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tony747-400

T/O Roll,Aircrafrt drifts left or right,hard to control.

Hi.

When Taking Off with Active Sky enabled, I am finding it very hard to keep my aircraft straight on the runway. This has obviously got something to do with the wind conditions, but the drifting seems extreme for light wind conditions.

I only use a joystick for control and use the keypad 0 & 9 for rudder control. I do not us FUSPIC either.I do not have this problem with default FSX weather so I think my joystick is ok. Are there any settings within Active Sky that I can adjust to prevent this or any tweaks to  my FSX.cfg file?

Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sounds to me like it is a combination of wind and torque that is causing your aircraft to yaw.  To counter this you really need rudder pedals.  Without rudder pedals, you might want to set FSX to link the rudder and ailerons together.

You might be caught in wake turbulence too.  Was there a T/O just before your attempt?  I've never had more than "normal" drift at T/O while using AS2012, but I do have rudder pedals.  If you have WT activated at anything more than 5-10% you will get beat to death.

Thanks guys.

I purchased a new joystick today with rudder control built into it (SpeedLink Blackwidow).

All working perfectly now.