Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Luis_KMIA

How do I avoid activation problems if I install my FSX on a new system?

Hi all,

I'm ready to remove FSX from an old system to a newer one. 

I know that when I uninstall FSX from my old system and install it on the new one, I will be asked for activation and obviously won't be able to do so becuase it was already done on the previous system. 

Now that there is no support for FSX, how do I reset my key?

If there an existing forum post that can help me with this, can someone refer me to it?

Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It should be automatic. When you start FSX the first time on your new system it will ask you to activate. If it won't activate it you can do it over the phone. That's automated too. It shouldn't be a problem.

It should be automatic. When you start FSX the first time on your new system it will ask you to activate. If it won't activate it you can do it over the phone. That's automated too. It shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks. My biggest fear was getting a message that it was already activated on a previous system.

Luis,

I've installed FSX numerous times without issue. I have had to call a couple of times because I had exceeded my activation limit but you shouldn't have a problem.

Luis,

I've installed FSX numerous times without issue. I have had to call a couple of times because I had exceeded my activation limit but you shouldn't have a problem.

Great! Thanks again!

I've just done the same as you, deleted FSX from my old PC and installed it on my new one. FSX activated perfectly OK without having to contact MS.