Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FL630

Optimising England

Hi,

I bought an installed ORBX England yesterday, and if I'm honest with you, I'm disappointed.

If I max out everything, it looks okay, nothing like as good as they show on their website if I'm honest.

However, at max everything my FPS drop off massively, fine if I'm flying IFR, but then why would I be looking at scenery? So to make it acceptably smooth (considering my laptops performance) I take the sliders back a small amount and then the scenery looks terrible,

I mean, I appreciate that its not photo-real, but to me, this is pretty poor considering how much people rate this software. See photo attached for a view over Harwich port. Yes I know I'm flying too fast :P

Can anyone advise me on optimal settings for a medium performance machine. Only other addon installed is Open Clouds.

Thanks

FL630

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It's not the scenery.  Looks like your video card, and/or system, can't keep up with the graphics, however, according to your computer specs, it should work. 

Sorry, I'm not sure what to tell you.  I'm not a computer tech like a lot of the people on the forum that will probably assist you.  And, maybe someone over at Orbx can help you out.

Hope you get if figured out.

Rod

That looks like scenery settings being way too high for your selected aircraft and computer combo. Turn down the settings! Your computer simply can't load all the scenery fast enough to display it properly.

If you like, head for their official forum since it looks like something went wrong with the installation and they usually try to help pretty fast. Make sure to include the screenshots as they might offer clues to them.

While I can understand that you are disappointed with the current result, I have doubts on this reflecting the actual product. By this, start openly with just posting the pics and your config and things. Don't forget your order number in the signature or initial post.