Sign in to follow this  
l3ubba

Aircraft Checklists

I recently dusted off some of my GA aircraft and since the last time I have flown GA I have set up my game so that all my aircraft load in the C&D state, however, I am lacking in checklists to go over the proper pre-flight and startup procedures. Most of the Carenado aircraft I own have checklists that come with them but I have found that some of them leave steps out and lack in detail. I found an excellent checklist for my Carenado Bonanza A36 but I'm having trouble finding some authentic checklists for any of the other aircraft. Some of them like the C172 have plenty of checklists out there but most of them are homemade flight sim ones and don't seem to be very uniform. I tried searching on the Cessna website but didn't find any checklists there.

Does anyone know where I can find real life checklists for Beechcrafts, Cessnas, and Pipers? When a private pilot in the real world goes down to their local airport and rents an airplane where do they get their checklist from for that aircraft?

Samuel Scully

Google is your friend. Search not only for "checklist", but "POH", "handbook" etc. I've found plenty authentic ones ranging from Piper Cubs to Twin Otters. Cessna used to have complete POHs for their current aircraft online, but not their older models. I got the entire C208 POH from the Cessna website.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Ah that did it, thanks. I kept on putting "checklist" in the search box, didn't think to search handbook or POH because I thought those would be more like technical specifications and details about the aircraft.

Samuel Scully

Thanks. I am still interested as to where real pilots get their checklists though (just because I'm curious). Does the place they rent their aircraft provide them with one? Or do they find one on the internet and print it out before they leave?

Samuel Scully

I got my checklist as part of standard documentation of my School/Company, including POHs, SOPs, laminated checklists, navlog sheets, VFR chart, and IFR packages on demand.