Sign in to follow this  
adi518

Suggestion NOT to use SweetFX with DX10 !

. If you don't use sfx, you won't have any jaggies problem whatsoever.

Well, there are still a few jaggies..Maybe i need to tweak with the NI settings?

:huh:  My friend - if you are this uptight about those few miniscule aberrations from an external view - you should really get a different hobby!  You are never, ever going to be happy with FSX - DX9 or DX10, because there's always some graphical or other issue somewhere.

If you fly the LH Maddog - it's the "blocky" switch levers, and knobs". If one uses FSX's ATC - it's "unrealistic", if one uses Radar Contact - it's voices are "wooden". The water doesn't "move", the night is not dark enough: the sun doesn't "look right"... and on..

The jaggies in your pic are (imo!) just fine. Get back on the flight deck and worry about your altitude at the next waypoint, and whether your VOR 1 & 2 are selected to the right stations, and are intercepting the correct radials to verify your position, your transponder frequency is correct,  and you're using both adf's as backups. Look at your fuel burn.. your time schedule... flying an airliner is flying an airliner! It's not sitting 2 hundred feet off the port wing looking at a monitor's inability to manage even tighter aliasing! Those are some the skills/duties required when flying airliners.

Almost exclusively - we individually use (one or more out of hundreds of different ones) flat panel tft-lcd or lcd monitors, using a dot matrix and as long as we still use them - we will never be at the point where anti-aliasing is not necessary, and chasing this "Nirvana" of the perfectly smooth trailing edge, or what-have-you, is a downright negative side of the hobby, that is pervasive, and one that causes considerable and unnecessary grief for everyone that goes down this road.

OK - rant over - I'm going to have a fly around Orbx's latest EGML - Damyn's Hall in the A2A 172,  with EZCA, FS Global Real Weather - and probably SweetFX too!   :biggrin: 

All the Best,

peej

• Upvote 1

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Well, there are still a few jaggies..Maybe i need to tweak with the NI settings?

Where can I get that AA Oneworld for the PMDG 777 Livery?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

OK - rant over - I'm going to have a fly around Orbx's latest EGML - Damyn's Hall in the A2A 172,  with EZCA, FS Global Real Weather - and probably SweetFX too!  

Paul, I've followed nearly all of your posts & comments and used much of the information you've provided to others without really knowing that much about it myself. You have provided me with some detailed knowledge of which i knew little about before. I was merely trying to reach what i deem as "perfection" with regards to AA and NI. I know thats highly unrealistic, but having converted to DX10 using Steve's wonderful program i'm still trying to find the perfect balance. I'm not an expert and will never claim to be. Just someone who's after a little help and has a few questions to ask! regarding SweetFX and DX10.

I have taken your comments on board and don't see them as a rant...although i do sense your frustration.

Continue to provide us all with help and you're right, i should do more flying instead of tweaking.

Cheers

Pete :P

:He He:

Where can I get that AA Oneworld for the PMDG 777 Livery?

Manny, Its the Level-D 767 and its a freeware livery from Mcphat.

Regards

Pete  :Peace:

40282618105572517s.jpg

Manny, Its the Level-D 767 and its a freeware livery from Mcphat.

Hmm..Thank you.. That maybe an excuse I need to load up my LVL -D 767. I have not flown that in a while

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

although this is a version of SweetFx and updated to the version 1.5 not think you can put up with the configrador because the files you work with are different, both d3d9.dll as dxgi.dll. The good thing with this version is that sepuede activate the filter within FSX that makes it look much better, has an effect that is really very good and is the GAUSSIAN which allows a fabulous ambience, leave a picture for you to appreciate, is in DX10 and steve tool.

z2v8.jpg

si bien esta es una version del SweetFx y actualizada al la version 1.5 no creo que se pueda poner con el configrador ya que los archivos con los que trabaja son diferentes, tanto el d3d9.dll como el dxgi.dll. Lo bueno con esta version es que sepuede activar el filtro dentro del FSX lo que hace que se vea mucho mejor, tiene un efecto que es realmente muy bueno y es el GAUSSIAN lo cual permite una ambientacion fabulosa, dejo una imagen para que lo aprecien, es en DX10 y con la herramienta de steve

Padolamap, I have your SFX settings but have been unable to try it out, have you changed anything since you posted them.  The pic looks really amazing.

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

I use SweetFX and its great when set up correctly. The person complaining about jaggies does remind me of when 16:9 large screen TVs first hit the market. People would complain that the picture wasn't sharp, it jitters, it did this and that. When you'd go and visit, they had the biggest tv in the smallest room and weren't watching the content but were watching the PIXELS. When you'd point out to them that a general rule of thumb was that they should be sitting at a minimum of 3.5 X the diagonal measurement of the screen away from the thing, it soon became evident that the room wasn't big enough.

The problem with monitors isn't that the room is too small. The simple answer is, SIT FURTHER BACK, relax and enjoy flying. Just saying.

• Upvote 1

I use SweetFX and its great when set up correctly. The person complaining about jaggies does remind me of when 16:9 large screen TVs first hit the market. People would complain that the picture wasn't sharp, it jitters, it did this and that. When you'd go and visit, they had the biggest tv in the smallest room and weren't watching the content but were watching the PIXELS. When you'd point out to them that a general rule of thumb was that they should be sitting at a minimum of 3.5 X the diagonal measurement of the screen away from the thing, it soon became evident that the room wasn't big enough.

The problem with monitors isn't that the room is too small. The simple answer is, SIT FURTHER BACK, relax and enjoy flying. Just saying.

Again, this is a really valid point and one I hadn't thought of before. I'm obviously approaching this from the wrong angle. Thanks for making the point...and a good one at that.

40282618105572517s.jpg

I concur wholeheartedly with the post starter and Firehawk44, in that omitting Sweetfx and or enb. For months I had experience a barrage of CTds due to there injections. Since in the past month of omitting Sfx I have yet to encounter any in the most extreme cases. All I use is Shade with mod to the day lighting.

Thx guys for your advise.

ugcx_banner.png