Sign in to follow this  
Shayne

New WOAI installed today from files here United/ American problem

Hi folks after installing the new packages today from the library this weekend I went to check them out and noticed that the AFCADS got messed up the planes at LAX for example and even Denver are parked at the wrong gates and terminals.  Any suggestions to get them parked where they should be..  I thought it was just AI planes and flight plans so I was surprised when I saw planes parked at the wrong places.  Any suggestions???

Thanks

Shayne

WOAI packages don't install new AFCADS. If your aircraft are not parking where you would like them you will need to edit the AFCAD. Have a look at Airport Design Editor.

What addon airports are you using for KLAX and KDEN ? 

Peter Schluter

That is what I thought as well but they worked before I added the new United, American and US Air WOAI.

LAX is Cloud 9 and DEN is FSD

WoAI doesn't do anything to your parking. It's your afcads/ade files.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Then check that the new [fltsim.X] entries have the correct parking codes entries for AAL and UAL, and check that your AFCAD reflects this.

Peter Schluter

WofAI did release some corrected files (version 4.1) including AAL because there were incorrect call-signs and parking codes. Not sure they did it for UAL though.

Hi folks after installing the new packages today from the library this weekend I went to check them out and noticed that the AFCADS got messed up the planes at LAX for example and even Denver are parked at the wrong gates and terminals.  Any suggestions to get them parked where they should be..  I thought it was just AI planes and flight plans so I was surprised when I saw planes parked at the wrong places.  Any suggestions???

Thanks

Shayne

There's going to be a problem in this area because all AFCAD's were setup for the old airlines.  Continental for example is no more yet AFCAD's for older sceneries (KEWR, ex.) is going to have COA spots all over and very little for UA.  This is the problem with these major merges we've had.  You'll have to edit AFCAD's all over your FS9 world to accommodate the new merged airlines.  When I installed the new Delta WOAI package KMSP was empty.  I ended up working another option and left modifying my whole FS9 world for another time.  

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Thanks everyone, I know enough about AI to be dangerous but I wasn't expecting like Southwest, Virgin America, JetBlue and others to change as they have not had changes and no new afcads or WOAI have been added.

There must be some kind of Fix, I will look into the version 4.1 for American but it was not as messed up as some of the others.

Thanks everyone, I know enough about AI to be dangerous but I wasn't expecting like Southwest, Virgin America, JetBlue and others to change as they have not had changes and no new afcads or WOAI have been added.

There must be some kind of Fix, I will look into the version 4.1 for American but it was not as messed up as some of the others.

I hope what I wrote above was understandable. The short of it is all International Airport AFCAD's in FS9 have COA, NWA gates (if those carriers operated out of those airports, don't know why the American package is having a problem). For example ImagineSim's KEWR's whole AFCAD with COA spots has to get edited to make the gates United or you won't see any traffic there with the new package from WOAI.

FS2020 

Shayne

I suggested in an earlier post that you look at the AFCADs and the parking codes in your aircraft.txt files. If things have drastically changed for you then perhaps one of your files has been corrupted.

Or have you added any other files or made any other changes to your FS9 setup or your computer...like a system restore ?

Or maybe the previous version of UAL you had installed had dual codes in the aircraft.txt file....atc_parking_codes=COA UAL , but the latest only uses UAL. As Dillon said, this would mean the aircraft will try and park at other locations before using COA slots.

Peter Schluter

For example ImagineSim's KEWR's whole AFCAD with COA spots has to get edited to make the gates United or you won't see any traffic there with the new package from WOAI.

Sorry, Dillon. I think you are mistaken.

Having incorrect parking codes will not stop AI from showing up, they just will not park where you expect them.

FS uses a checklist to assign parking, and codes is just one item on that list.

If FS can find a parking spot that is big enough for any given plane, it will assign that spot regardless of the codes.

Parking codes are a preference, not a requirement.

regards,

Joe

had dual codes in the aircraft.txt file....atc_parking_codes=COA UAL

It was my understanding that FS9 ignores all but the first code in the aircraft.cfg.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Sorry, Dillon. I think you are mistaken.

Having incorrect parking codes will not stop AI from showing up, they just will not park where you expect them.

FS uses a checklist to assign parking, and codes is just one item on that list.

If FS can find a parking spot that is big enough for any given plane, it will assign that spot regardless of the codes.

Parking codes are a preference, not a requirement.

regards,

Joe

When I tried updating my NWA WOAI package with the new Delta WOAI package that was released six months after the merge KMSP was empty.  No AI would park at the gates designated NWA spots.  Now I have seen when all spots are unavailable AI like FedEx will park at terminal gates but for some reason the new Delta package wouldn't work right.  I gave up and changed the paint and call sign of my existing NWA package I already had.

So tell me have you uninstalled your Continental package,  Installed the new United WOAI package, and all is well at all the gates/airports Continental used to serve?  You have the merged livery aircraft parking at the correct gates at KEWR?

FS2020 

i misread what Dillon was saying, as Joe said, Ai will park at codes designated for someone else, but give them a lower priority.

I didn't know FS9 would only read the first code from the aircraft.txt file, thanks for that info.

There does seem to be something odd at work here, with two users finding parking problems after updating a WOAI package. I cannot see any reason why a new WOAI package would have that affect, unless it has an error in the parking codes entry, or somehow corrupted other files.

Peter Schluter

When I tried updating my NWA WOAI package with the new Delta WOAI package that was released six months after the merge KMSP was empty.  No AI would park at the gates designated NWA spots.  Now I have seen when all spots are unavailable AI like FedEx will park at terminal gates but for some reason the new Delta package wouldn't work right.  I gave up and changed the paint and call sign of my existing NWA package I already had.

But were the correct amount of DAL aircraft visiting KMSP ?  They should have been parked in DAL spaces and filling up any unreserved parking spaces, then filling up any spaces with codes for other airlines. The fact that they were not parking at the NWA spaces does not in itself signify a problem.

The fact that no other AI were parking in NWA spaces is also not a problem....UNLESS... you are positive that ALL other spaces (blank and with codes) were full, and that a number of Ai flights were not showing up at KMSP.

Peter Schluter

But were the correct amount of DAL aircraft visiting KMSP ?  They should have been parked in DAL spaces and filling up any unreserved parking spaces, then filling up any spaces with codes for other airlines. The fact that they were not parking at the NWA spaces does not in itself signify a problem.

The fact that no other AI were parking in NWA spaces is also not a problem....UNLESS... you are positive that ALL other spaces (blank and with codes) were full, and that a number of Ai flights were not showing up at KMSP.

That's exactly it, Delta was in every parking space available including the DAL gates at KMSP.  I didn't say there was a problem just that one has to go and modify all NWA gates to DAL where ever NWA used to fly throughout FS9.  That's something that's edited in the various Afcad files for airports.  This is not a problem rather reality... So if a person says I installed the latest Delta package thinking KMSP or KDTW will automatically have the Delta AI at the gates NWA used to be at will be sadly disappointed.  They have to go in and manually edit each gate.  This is the huge amount of work that United and Delta's merge will require and if USA and American merge the same will have to be done again.  All I'm saying is one needs to expect this with the new Delta WOAI Afcads.

FS2020