Sign in to follow this  
Sportsfan23

Tweak suggestions?

What happens if you clear the weather?  Back to normal?

Actually funny enough I deleted the "xtreme fsx pc" thing or whatever and I did so because it kept changing the config file back to something without all the changes I made. I did not find a way where it would keep the changes I made and then make other changes in addition without taking the ones I made out.

So I just un-installed that program and re-did the config with all the tweaks and I am back to where I was. I am getting about 17-20 FPS at the gate in the VC of the PMDG.

One thing I have been trying to find are good mesh settings. I have a feeling since I am flying mostly jets maybe I don't need the mesh to look totally amazing so perhaps lowering that might bump up the FPS a couple or so.

Now if I go and add-on the airports that were suggested to me and GSX how much of a FPS hit am I going to take from that?

For a Hex core CPU if using an Affinity Mask setting in the cfg the ones generally used are AM=62 for HT off or 1364 with HT on.

Don't bother turning HT off. Just leave it on and use affinity mask 1364. It's effectively the same thing and other programs you use may benefit from HT (FSX doesn't).

There are other Affinity Mask settings that can be used but I'm not fully across these. SAAB340 is probably you're expert there.

The only real reason to turn HT off would be if you wanted to overclock higher and your temperatures were limiting you. Turning HT off would reduce the temps, but also reduce performance in apps that can make use of HT.

Thank you so much for that answer. I could not figure out how on earth to do that math.