Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

curbz

Wave animation issue

Hi... I'm looking for help to resolve a strange wave animation issue I'm experiencing. The wave animation is working - however after every 25-30 seconds it will 'jump'. By 'jump' I mean that the animation seems to skip a number of frames, or reset, or perhaps the textures are being repositioned. I don't know.  It's difficult to describe so I've uploaded this video to youtube:

You will see that at around 24 seconds the 'jump' that I refer to. If you watch the clouds at around the same point you'll see that they move perfectly smoothly without any form of jump or stutter so there is no issue with the sim itself in regards to performace/glitching/stuttering and the FPS maintains a solid 29-30. So it's definitely something going on with the wave animation.

I've spent hours trying to resolve - disabling all addons, using a virgin fsx.cfg without any tweaks, using different drivers etc. all to no avail. I've searched many different forums looking for others experiencing this issue but have not found any other example. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

many thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I believe this is normal. I also get this and I assume it is the effect being repeated.

Yeah - I get this as well. Also assumed it was normal ... way better than the animation from FS9 even with Zinertek, but still one of those FSX things I assumed you had to live with.

If there is a fix, I'll be kicking myself later ....

normal!?!?! :O    no, no, no!  please don't tell me that! I've spent hours trying to fix this "normal" behaviour! It can't be - someone please tell me otherwise  :unsure:

Happens to me as well.  I'm pretty sure it's normal.  I've seen it on FSX youtube videos also.

ok, thanks very much for taking the time to watch the vid and to reply. I've got to say that it's really disappointing news - not so much the time I've spent trying to resolve but that it's not resolvable!? For me it's the one thing that completely ruins the illusion/immersion of flying in the sim. I will have to fly without wave animations which is a shame because the ones in REX in particular look so realistic.