Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

psolk

Udvar Hazy Pics...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Outstanding. You did a great job shooting these historic birds and yes, I see a lot of history in those shots.  I would love to go there and just spend a whole day admiring those beauties.

Thank you for posting this. It's always good to see these. :good:

JimE

Excellent images Paul. What equipment? Lighting? Tripod or hand held?

Nice shots! I went there a year or so after it was finished , would have went again a few years back when I was waiting for my connecting flight at KIAD. Was only supposed to have a 2 hour layover which wasn't enough time had I known, that I would in reality be waiting 8 hours I would have went again. JW is the Connie in your pics the derelict that sat at KIAD for years?

Absolutely my pleasure everyone, glad people are enjoying them.  For me the most touching moment was listening to a WWII vet correct the tour leader on the stats of of a hellcat by politely letting him know he had flown the plane in battle!!!  Also, seeing the renovation center was amazing.

Excellent images Paul. What equipment? Lighting? Tripod or hand held?

Thanks Tom!  Handheld Canon S95 ( I couldn't fit the DSLR on the Motorcycle with all my work gear but the S95 is a great point and click with a lot of available adjustments)  Unfortunately I found the lighting in there horrible though.  It was great for accenting the planes, horrible for getting good shots.  I could have spent an entire day there admiring the exhibits, it is an aviation enthusiasts dream...