Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rbgomes

One problem and one suggestion

Hello Again!

As I said in the other topic, wonderful piece of work.

I am having one strange problem, and it maybe my fault, but I am not sure.

I always start my flights Cold&Dark. So as soon as I hit PF and all starts to come alive, the very first thing I do is set the IRS selector to NAV (both). Well, here is the problem: some times, for a reason I do not yet understand, I do get the set IRS line in the FMC and, of course, not having it does not allow me to fly.

The strange part is that I always do things exactly the same way, that is, as soon as I start my flow I set the selectors ro NAV. Most of the times, it works (the message to set IRS appears on FMC and as soon as I insert it, the EFIS come alive). But some times, no luck.

When I do not get the message, FO keeps on doing his flow and I fall behind trying to get IRS into FMC, which for ignorance I do not know how to do if not by the message.

What am I doing wrong and how to solve it?

Now, a suggestion. My VA fas in its FOQA (FSAcars) the need to turn the taxi lights on before starting taxi, and off at holding point. Should that be included into the lights flow the FO does? Is there a way to include it?

Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

What am I doing wrong and how to solve it?

I'm not sure either.  You might want to check the PMDG manuals.  There's probably a condition you're not meeting.

Now, a suggestion. My VA fas in its FOQA (FSAcars) the need to turn the taxi lights on before starting taxi, and off at holding point. Should that be included into the lights flow the FO does? Is there a way to include it?

That's not in accordance with the SOPs we modelled.  You'd need to turn the taxi light off manual in that situation.

Generally speaking, when you take the runway you want all your lights on for max visibility so no one hits you.

Cheers,

Hum... 

About the IRS problem, I am quite sure it has to do with the APU, but not 100% sure.

About the taxi lights, the FO does not turn them on either. Is there a chance I can change that and include it in the before taxi checklist, for example?

Cheers.

We followed Boeing SOPs as much as we could to the letter, and we used a real world 737 Captain to generate and cross check the procedures.

In your case, you'll just need to manually control the taxi light as desired.

Best,

For the IRS-thing, make sure not to select them to NAV before you (or the FO) have set up the electric source (APU or GPU on line). If you still on Battery Power only, only LEFT IRS will start to align and that will give you problems later on.

Regards

Johnny

For the IRS-thing, make sure not to select them to NAV before you (or the FO) have set up the electric source (APU or GPU on line). If you still on Battery Power only, only LEFT IRS will start to align and that will give you problems later on.

Regards

Johnny

You are 100% correct. Just found out that is the problem. I must wait for FO to start APU. Should be nice to have a voice announcement when APU was on.

In regards to Taxi light, seems like half of the problem might be already solved. I experimented a bit, and seems like if I turn the taxi light on before taxi (I added manually to the checklist), the FO turns it OFF during the Runway Entry Procedure. I am not 100% sure yet, but seems like this is happening...

Anyone can reproduce?

Regards!