Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Where's the other half?

I have Windows 8 and use EZDOC Cameras. The cameras in the cockpit are good, but when I go outside I see two wings of my 737 and a white box where the cockpit is. This doen't happen with the default planes or my A2A 172. This is not a EZDOC problem. When I downloaded the 737 yesterday there was a pop up to download a DX thing. I don't remember the details but that download failed. Do I have to do a re-install or can I try downloading the DX thing on a web site?  Thank's in advance

I've heard of this before, EZDock is taking you outside via the VC view which isn't correct. Are you able to get an outside view from the default FSX view selection?

Steve Caffey

Yes , I push the button on my joy stick and I get the default FSX camera views. What's the problem?

I might add that I have DX 11 on my computer.

I have Windows 8 and use EZDOC Cameras. The cameras in the cockpit are good, but when I go outside I see two wings of my 737 and a white box where the cockpit is.

I had that too when I still used it. Running the config utility again fixed it for me.

Reconfigured all the cameras. I was using the numbers on the key board for the outside cameras, but now I realize that was wrong. The cabin cameras are working great. Now I can't bring up the outside cameras except for the FSX default cameras. How do I bring up the outside cameras?

Right now I'm using the key board numbers 5 through 0 in EZDOC . The numbers 1 through 0 have been deleted in FSX. Everything is working great in all the default planes. The PMDG 737 is still showing two wings and a white box on the external cameras. The cabin cameras are all fine. Should I do a complete re-install or is there an easier way?

You need to go to the EZDok UI and select external view, rather than VC/Interior and set your external views from there. What your doing now is moving outside the VC but staying in the VC view point which is why you see the while box. 

Once your in the External View mode of EZCA then position yourself where you want and save that view and assign a key or button to it.

There are some really good youtube videos on that were posted and linked in the EZdok forum showing what I am describing, which might be easier to understand than what I said.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

its the user interface the program has (its window, if you will). Normally it is brought up using Shift+D or Control+Shift+D I think.

I recommend setting up your views while in window mode, you can easily go back to fullscreen after setting up your view modes and keys and whatnot.

Make sure you run the EZdok config program after you install any new aircraft. I don't think that's the problem, but its a start.