Sign in to follow this  
Crouton

Very annoying problem with Saitek rudder, throttle, and Logitech 3D extreme with Airbus X FSUIPC

Hello!

So my problem is the following. I program all my hardware with FSUIPC. If something doesn't work (in my case the Saitek Rudder Pedals), the I program it with FSX. The thing is my PC (specs on profile) detects my joysticks, but FSX doesn't. Sometime when FSX does detect the joysticks, FSUIPC doesn't or vice versa. The problem with FSUIPC and my rudder pedals is that, I assign it to Rudder through "Send to FSUIPC calibration". Good, now in my AIrbus X when I give it full left it sometimes doesn't respond but if I give it full right it will. And the only way to take it out of full right is slamming full left. I can't get the rudder to run smoothly so if I give it 1/4 movement I don't get neutral or full. Thats the first problem. Sometimes following that, if I open while in flight "Controls" and see there is only Mouse Look, and Mouse Yoke. when I exit all of sudden no joystick works. But before I went into "Controls" everything is working. I do have my rudder pedals and Logitech joystick in a USB hub but even if I switch it they still wont work. Windows DOES detect the joysticks- all 3 of them. I have disabled in device manager "Allow PC to turn of these joysticks to save energy" (something like that) but that option doesn't save :mad: . If you need screenshots of everything please let me know. This is very annoying and I really want to fix this problem ASAP! Thanks for reading this!  :rolleyes:

image.php?name=Anton%20O'Malley&spos=APC

Check out our Windows 8 Forum for issues relating to controllers.  Think they have a topic there about 50 pages long.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Check out our Windows 8 Forum for issues relating to controllers.  Think they have a topic there about 50 pages long.

Best regards,

Jim

Thanks! I have been reading through it but didn't find the answer. Has this question been answered? Or the answer is uninstall W8 and go back to W7? Much appreciated!  

Good question you might want to ask in the Windows 8 forum.  I do not own Windows 8 and I just wanted to make sure you saw the topic in the Windows 8 forum.  In regards to throttles, controllers, etc., not working in Windows 8, you should check with the manufacturer of your products for a Windows 8 update.  They usually release an update soon after a new Windows platform is released.  Another possible solution might be to download a freeware program like Driver Scanner, run it and it will search for outdated drivers on your system (Windows update does not do this for you in most cases).  If it finds an update you can pay the registration fee for downloading and installing the updated driver(s) for you or, you can go to a search engine like Google or Bing and search for the driver and update it yourself.  The product will provide the names of the products out-of-date.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Good question you might want to ask in the Windows 8 forum.  I do not own Windows 8 and I just wanted to make sure you saw the topic in the Windows 8 forum.  In regards to throttles, controllers, etc., not working in Windows 8, you should check with the manufacturer of your products for a Windows 8 update.  They usually release an update soon after a new Windows platform is released.  Another possible solution might be to download a freeware program like Driver Scanner, run it and it will search for outdated drivers on your system (Windows update does not do this for you in most cases).  If it finds an update you can pay the registration fee for downloading and installing the updated driver(s) for you or, you can go to a search engine like Google or Bing and search for the driver and update it yourself.  The product will provide the names of the products out-of-date.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim

Thanks for you answer, so far I fly with FSUIPC for everything expect my Saitek Rudder Pedals and it works fine, so I'll leave it this way for now! Many Thanks!