Sign in to follow this  
TooWings

Most fun flightsim

Kaboki said 

> I do not buy that they made this game so we mainly could enjoy virtual flying, parajumping, play golf etc, that's just a bonus in a game <

Sure, its like I said, GTA5 means different things to different people. I personally enjoy only free-roam and dislike following missions -although some look fun I got tired of shootem-ups many years ago. But that's just my preference and I respect your's. 

Although I use 'cheat' codes to spawn planes and vehicles etc, these are obviously  codes that rockstar incorporated into the game for lazy free-roamers like me :P

Lets face it "true" simulation has become a bit formal and stiff. You lift off following procedures as exactly as you are able; you fly a conventional route and then you land, with the only breakup from procedure being a brand new plane or some additional scenery. Its like a set piece battle where ideally pretty much everything follows a routine with little deviation.

Additions are looked at with something close to horror. Weapons? Crash modeling? I've seen the mere suggestion cause pandemonium

One of the reasons Kids find "serious" sims boring is this deliberate aversion to modeling reality. Fighter planes don't shoot, Vehicles miraculously drive unhurt straight through planes (which also pass harmlessly through one another) Planes that hit the ground bounce instead of crash, and they certainly don't break apart and explode! X-Plane seems to have no collision detection at all............

Its all so.......... mature.

Which is to say almost guaranteed to put your average younger person (who is naturally going to explore and push the envelope) to sleep. "Hey I hit a telephone pole and nothing happened! This is bogus!"

Face it, when you got your toy plane as a kid, did you take off and fly safely across the room? Or did you zoom it over and under obstacles before crashing it into the sofa while yelling "Kaboom!!!!!"  :lol:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I personally enjoy only free-roam and dislike following missions -although some look fun I got tired of shootem-ups many years ago. But that's just my preference and I respect your's.

If you get tired of just freeroaming, there are some cool missions that don't involve killing people though, like the missions you get from one of the "?" on the map with that Paparazzi photographer, following celebrities and some others:D.  But I don't recommend playing as Trevor for faint souls, he' even gets me feel sick sometimes :lol:

I agree, there probably thousands different ways to enjoy this game.

Lets face it "true" simulation has become a bit formal and stiff. You lift off following procedures as exactly as you are able; you fly a conventional route and then you land, with the only breakup from procedure being a brand new plane or some additional scenery. Its like a set piece battle where ideally pretty much everything follows a routine with little deviation.

Additions are looked at with something close to horror. Weapons? Crash modeling? I've seen the mere suggestion cause pandemonium

One of the reasons Kids find "serious" sims boring is this deliberate aversion to modeling reality. Fighter planes don't shoot, Vehicles miraculously drive unhurt straight through planes (which also pass harmlessly through one another) Planes that hit the ground bounce instead of crash, and they certainly don't break apart and explode! X-Plane seems to have no collision detection at all............

Its all so.......... mature.

Which is to say almost guaranteed to put your average younger person (who is naturally going to explore and push the envelope) to sleep. "Hey I hit a telephone pole and nothing happened! This is bogus!"

Face it, when you got your toy plane as a kid, did you take off and fly safely across the room? Or did you zoom it over and under obstacles before crashing it into the sofa while yelling "Kaboom!!!!!"  :lol:

Agree, although I like all the seriousness involved in sims, sometimes I find it relaxing to play games like GTA and just having plain fun, blow up stuff, jumping of cliffs the size of Everest with a mountain bike without getting a scratch and so on....

Maybe I'm childish sometimes but so be it :lol: It sure is fun :P

HiFlyer said:  > Face it, when you got your toy plane as a kid..did you zoom it over and under obstacles before crashing it into the sofa while yelling "Kaboom!!!!!" <

Guilty! ..and still am.

:huh:

Kaboki said

> If you get tired of just freeroaming, there are some cool missions that don't involve killing people though, like the missions you get from one of the "?" on the map..<

Ah! ok, thanks.

BTW. Sorry that my thread got you sucked back into GTA5.  Dont forget to eat, stretch and sleep  ^_^

Agree, although I like all the seriousness involved in sims, sometimes I find it relaxing to play games like GTA and just having plain fun, blow up stuff, jumping of cliffs the size of Everest with a mountain bike without getting a scratch and so on....
Maybe I'm childish sometimes but so be it  It sure is fun

I like the "serious" aspect too. Except when I don't.  :smile: 

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

BTW. Sorry that my thread got you sucked back into GTA5. Dont forget to eat, stretch and sleep

Damn you :lol: Last time I played I nearly didn't have time to take a dump ^_^

Dillon said: 

> The flying videos look great it's just when I saw a truck deliberately trying to run into a plane on takeoff that I felt that was a little over the top. <

Sure, it can look brutal at first.  But think of it this way. Imagine for a minute what it would be like if FSX incorporated the realism and crash-damage modelling of GTA5.  Now imagine landing your plane in FSX in turbulent/foggy weather conditions and crash-landing with that level of realism; or imagine taking off while trying to dodge a maniac driver on the runway...or trying to dodge an airport vehicle or a small plane trying to land on the same runway in fog.  I'm sure most flightsimmers would be trying out all kinds of crash landing scenarios in FSX in that case. 

Well its the same in GTA5 ..these crazy runway scenarios are simply people experimenting with different jets, planes and vehicles to see how they interact..and to have some fun too I think.

I get your point.  Like others have mentioned just after your post above some of this should be in Flight Simulator should you find yourself in that position.  You are right if everything was modeled we'd try as much out as possible to see what happens just like your videos.  I like how once the plane lands the player can just walk out of the plane.  That should be in Flight Simulator (Flight actually had this ability although it was 1st person perspective).  A point was made about shooting in FS.  We once had a WWI game in FS4 where you could shoot in the sim.  That option should be in the SDK should a fighter add-on be created.  Just like we can have a well modeled Bush world in FS9/FSX so should a battlefield should we desire to use the sim like Falcon 4.0.  Hopefully Prepare 3D eventually brings these things to the table seeing they are going for a full  professional sim effort to be used both by the military and commercial use.  

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2