Sign in to follow this  
JohnB777

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO Vs. ASUS Z77 Sabertooth

There comes a time in any computers life when it needs a new MOBO and CPU, for my Gateway FX6860, that time is now, I've done all the research, I has just come down to choosing between these two MOBOs. I currently run a I7 2600 @ 3,4 Ghz with Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) RAM, and the rest is default with my computer(1.5 TB HD and a ATI Radeon card, default MOBO is not specified, I don't think it matters, its the main part I'm replacing smile.png). I will keep my GPU but maybe get a nice GTX sometime later in a few years, and I will keep my power supply, and keep my Hard drive. The deal is, I need to pick from an ASUS P8Z77V PRO or an ASUS Z77 Sabertooth(If some can recommend better, great, but I have my mind set on these two). I will also be getting an I7 3770K. I need something that will deliver maximum performance, NOTE I will be overclocking to about 4,3-4,6 GHz, so I will need Overclocking performance. I may also be getting a XIGMATEK NightHawk 2 Cooler(not sure if that effects it). Absolutley ANY opinion is appreciated, would like to hear especially from those who may have worked with both MOBOs.

I may be pushing my luck but, I have to ask, since I will not be touching the HD and will not be changing the OS, so will I be able to keep all my files and FSX and not have to reinstall anything?

Regard from Concord,

John

Z77 sabertooth here with a 3770k on 4.5 ghz

Very stable board.

Pro may be slighty better for hardcore clockers.

Buth the saber is way nicer

Z77 sabertooth here with a 3770k on 4.5 ghz

Very stable board.

Pro may be slighty better for hardcore clockers.

Buth the saber is way nicer

Did you have any trouble installing it? I won't actaully be installing mine, I know nothing about how to install computer hardware, there is a shop near where I live and they do it for me.

Pretty straightforward.

After assambly instal windows 7 and drop in the mobo dvd.

Instal chipset drivers first.

Reboot and than go for the usb drivers and sata. Siund. Etc.

Stay away from the intelligent network stuff. And don't install the asus suite program.

use gpu-z and coretemp instead

Pretty straightforward.

After assambly instal windows 7 and drop in the mobo dvd.

Instal chipset drivers first.

Reboot and than go for the usb drivers and sata. Siund. Etc.

Stay away from the intelligent network stuff. And don't install the asus suite program.

use gpu-z and coretemp instead

But I want to keep all my old files and not have to reinstall FSX, so I don't want to reinstall Win7.

I would go for a complete new install of everything..
Takes a while but it is worth the trouble and time.

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition comes out on the 19th :diablo: .

Add a i7-4930K and you have a screamer.

Ok before you say it - yeah way expensive. I getting this but hey it is my Birthday on the 20th so it was meant to be.

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

I have always gone for the "PRO" boards and have a "Rampage III Extreme I still use on my second PC, but on my most recent build that was as a result of a MOBO problem, I decided to go with what some would probably call an "average" board (ASUS P8Z77-V LK) and I am impressed. It over clocks nicely, boots up in a flash and has provided me with a nice stable build.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I would go for a complete new install of everything..

Takes a while but it is worth the trouble and time.

No way, too much effor, do you know how many Addons I have? It would take MONTHS, I have done ti bfore.

I have always gone for the "PRO" boards and have a "Rampage III Extreme I still use on my second PC, but on my most recent build that was as a result of a MOBO problem, I decided to go with what some would probably call an "average" board (ASUS P8Z77-V LK) and I am impressed. It over clocks nicely, boots up in a flash and has provided me with a nice stable build.

Looks like I might go for the Pro, I have until Christmas to  decide :)

I have an idea(don't know if itll work). But I could use the back up disks the computer came with. I can back up all of this and if I can't keep the old system I'll just reinstall it from the disks which will be shorter.

Paragon Hard Disc Suite has a facility whereby it will allow your existing OS etc to boot under your new hardware regime.

Paragon Hard Disc Suite has a facility whereby it will allow your existing OS etc to boot under your new hardware regime.

It is a application? Can you give me soe more info.

Yes a suite of applications. JohnB777 Google is your friend, or Ask or Bing etc.

Yes a suite of applications. JohnB777 Google is your friend, or Ask or Bing etc.

Oh yeah, forgot about google XD