Sign in to follow this  
Kailiang Seah

pfpx and pmdg 777 remaining fuel

My remaining fuel for OMDB to KSFO is 20T at DEST airport. I have set the CL on pfpx too.

My weather is opus so there is no different as opus use the same weather as pfpx

Any body have setting for the 777? Please share 

It seems that they might have set the bias a bit high for release (105% IIRC ?), maybe to stop people running out of fuel until more accurate numbers could be obtained.

This is what I have settled on after many in-flight evaluations:

g2w1.png

Regards,

Brian Doney

Having recently purchased PFPX, I can say that the fuel calculations have been spot on so far.

On my last flight from Dubai to Lisbon in the 777, PFPX predicted 15.8 tons of fuel remaining, and sure enough, I arrived with exactly that amount. This has been the case with all my recent flights using PFPX. It works really well with Active Sky 2012 weather and I'm really impressed so far.

It seems that they might have set the bias a bit high for release (105% IIRC ?), maybe to stop people running out of fuel until more accurate numbers could be obtained.

g2w1.png

Will try this on my next flight finger cross :D Thanks bro!

Having recently purchased PFPX, I can say that the fuel calculations have been spot on so far.

On my last flight from Dubai to Lisbon in the 777, PFPX predicted 15.8 tons of fuel remaining, and sure enough, I arrived with exactly that amount. This has been the case with all my recent flights using PFPX. It works really well with Active Sky 2012 weather and I'm really impressed so far.

lucky you my fuel prediction is very close last time too but i have no idea what happen to it then

Mm strange, I also use PFPX and AS2012, and I didn't have the calculated amount of fuel at arrival. Sometimes there is a difference between it of 4000-6000 KG.

So what are your PFPX settings?

g2w1.png

THANKS! Worked great ! i got 8.1T FMC 7.2T in pfpx Maybe the number can be lower will try it in future flight. Maybe 96%

Life safer! 

What is wrong with using the FMC for proper fuel prediction?

I din know we can use for fmc fuel prediction. Since i have pfpx why not! 

Mm strange, I also use PFPX and AS2012, and I didn't have the calculated amount of fuel at arrival. Sometimes there is a difference between it of 4000-6000 KG.

So what are your PFPX settings?

Erik, I run AS2012 when planning the flight with the date and time set to about an hour before actual departure time that I use in the sim (I normally use historical weather). This ensures that PFPX is getting its weather from the correct time and date and allows for very accurate fuel predictions.

Also make sure that PFPX is actually getting its winds aloft data from AS2012 and not its own servers. That way your FMC fuel predictions should match PFPX, as well as your actual usage.

As far as the performance module is concerned, I haven't made any changes. I use a Cost Index of 35 in PFPX on my aircraft, and enter the same value into the 777's FMC, as well as any step climbs in the flight plan.

Try these steps out on your next flight and see how it goes. :smile:

Regards.

g2w1.png

And is this for the -F or the -LR? Or both?

And is this for the -F or the -LR? Or both?

Shouldn't matter, though I rarely fly the F.

Regards,

Brian Doney

What is wrong with using the FMC for proper fuel prediction?

Depends what you mean by 'proper'. If you want to make sure you arrive at your destination without running out of fuel then there's nothing wrong with it at all. You may want to get winds aloft from somewhere to get a more accurate prediction, assuming you've got some sort of other weather/planning tool.

Proper fuel planning takes into account much more than winds though; how far is your destination alternate from your planned alternate? If you're on an ETOPs flight you may need additional ETOPs fuel. PFPX will also do things like making allowances for taxi time, and will also give you sufficient information to enter into the FMC's RESV entry too, instead of guessing!