Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mtaxp

XP visibility & Vatsim weather

Hey,

XP10 visibility is really unrealistic when its above 10KM,its almost infinite...

I found the visibility LimitPlugin over the .org site but does it work properrly with XSquackBox VATSIM weather? I mean,if its reported 20 miles visibility will this plugin still limit it to lets say 10 miles (acording to the settings of the plugins)

And another question,I'm really looking forward for 10.30 espicially that LM stated that its the next major code optimization,i read some where that it may newer OpenGL version,so is this true :) ?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I agree... XP10 visibility looks worse than XP9! Also fog is a flat plane actually... :(

It's very unnatural and distracting especially using TrackIR with <10-12sm. 

"skymaxxx pro" to the rescue very soon :Praying:

Not quite. The real solution is in fact available look for a NOAA plugin. But you have to install the python interface too.

The NOAA plugin is a great weather injector for free.

It only has a problem when you transit from the "METAR altitude" to the NOAA-injected level, above which, winds, temperatures, turbulence and cloud layers are injected.

The transition can be abrupt.

Also, being METAR an observation, and NOAA a forecast, and there being ( that I konow) no special processing to ensure some blending between the two, like for instance AS2012 and FSGRW do, we can find some weird effects... This of course is a wide open area for 3pds to create their own offers for weather injectors.