Sign in to follow this  
Humpty

FS9 AA

Maybe it's a limitation from the hardware.  Outside of the add on scenery, how many fps on average do you get at a fairly busy airport like KLAS?

Another thought that came to mind is the missing alpha channel on add on scenery (even payware).  You may want to check out the sticky on this forum... http://forum.avsim.net/topic/382519-a-huge-fps-increase/

I have a few payware airports with poor fps due to this.

Maybe it's a limitation from the hardware.  Outside of the add on scenery, how many fps on average do you get at a fairly busy airport like KLAS?

Another thought that came to mind is the missing alpha channel on add on scenery (even payware).  You may want to check out the sticky on this forum... http://forum.avsim.net/topic/382519-a-huge-fps-increase/

I have a few payware airports with poor fps due to this.

Not sure if its a hardware limitation, I am only using Freeware stuff , let me try the Alphasearcher.

It did not detect anything.

Maybe then its just the hardware. I am using HDE clouds.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Guys why does the fs9 scenery have a shine to it, due to that it does not look good anyway to make it look clean ?

Try setting your mip mapping to 4. 

If that doesn't solve it, then it's probably the LOD radius.  There are a few lines you can change in the cfg and it will fix shimmering in the distance and extend your LOD.

I can't remember which lines off the top of my head, but give the mip mapping a shot and if that doesn't solve it, I'll find out the lines to change in the cfg.

Try setting your mip mapping to 4. 

If that doesn't solve it, then it's probably the LOD radius.  There are a few lines you can change in the cfg and it will fix shimmering in the distance and extend your LOD.

I can't remember which lines off the top of my head, but give the mip mapping a shot and if that doesn't solve it, I'll find out the lines to change in the cfg.

Hey I have already set the LOD radius but it does not do anything , damn almot 5 a.m in the morning ouch will get up late for work :).

I am trying to use FSET with fs2004 so i could use photoscenery but the damn thing shows me grayish patch on the downloaded photo but works perfectly in FSX.  So I am stuck using the default FS2004 scenery and with that damn shimmering. I will try and reduce mipmap.

A bit better though after setting it to 4. One another thing is a couple of miles out the area looks bad not at all clear guess that would be due to AA or Anistropic.

A bit better though after setting it to 4. One another thing is a couple of miles out the area looks bad not at all clear guess that would be due to AA or Anistropic.

Changed AA to 16 and Anist to 16 shimmering is not showing up right now. will reduce to 8 as my laptop GPU cannot handle it.

Post later got to sleep.

Hey I have already set the LOD radius but it does not do anything , damn almot 5 a.m in the morning ouch will get up late for work :).

I am trying to use FSET with fs2004 so i could use photoscenery but the damn thing shows me grayish patch on the downloaded photo but works perfectly in FSX.  So I am stuck using the default FS2004 scenery and with that damn shimmering. I will try and reduce mipmap.

Are you setting LOD within FS9 or the the FS9 cfg?  Doing it through the cfg, you can have higher settings than setting max LOD in FS9 menu.

Found the lines in my cfg.  It's under Display.  Try these values.  Make note of your current value in case it doesn't work and you need to go back.

I was getting major blurries and shimmer in the distance before changing the values.

TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1

TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.000000

TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=9.900000

TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=4

Make sure your Anisotropic filtering is set to 16x high quality.

Sorry, I've never used FSET, so can't comment on that.

I have mine set to:

Cloud draw distance and cover to 12

NVInspector:

4x AA

4x Supersampling

Camp

16 aniso

High Quality images

Then, most important;

DXTFixer, adds alpha channels

MIPMAP manager to mipmap everything, got me really rid of the shimmers!.

I have mine set to:

Cloud draw distance and cover to 12

NVInspector:

4x AA

4x Supersampling

Camp

16 aniso

High Quality images

Then, most important;

DXTFixer, adds alpha channels

MIPMAP manager to mipmap everything, got me really rid of the shimmers!.

That what I have in my fs9.cfg and my NI settings are almost similar.  BTW i cannot download DXTFixer from anywhere .

Hi,

Its linked in the thread in this forum, about the mipmapping and alpha's.

Note also: i read somewhere that for the best results you should always pair the NV settings: 2x AA 2 multi/super sample, 4x AA 4 multi/super, etc. Not mix them.

Link to http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Peter+Nyman&CatID=root&Go=Search

FS9-2013-nov-22-002_zps7a5b40b5.jpg

i read somewhere that for the best results you should always pair the NV settings: 2x AA 2 multi/super sample, 4x AA 4 multi/super, etc. Not mix them.

That makes sense, though I don't think there's a computational reason for it. I'd guess it's just that there's no point in improving surface textures on oblique surfaces (anisotropic filtering) beyond the distance at which jaggie-reduction (anti-aliasing) can no longer be perceived.

I wonder if excessive use of AF can reintroduce sparkles in the distance.

Regards,

D

dont know, always used the least I could tolerate to have max fps in all sims.

Hi,

Its linked in the thread in this forum, about the mipmapping and alpha's.

Note also: i read somewhere that for the best results you should always pair the NV settings: 2x AA 2 multi/super sample, 4x AA 4 multi/super, etc. Not mix them.

Link to http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Peter+Nyman&CatID=root&Go=Search

The link contains a repaint ?