Sign in to follow this  
Humpty

FS9 AA

DXTfixer did not find anything. I played around with NI looks like it is much better and mipmap has been set to 4.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

As I was on my laptop till I had my mobo replaced and now with FX 6300 FS9 is rocking just want to keep FSX back in the draw :) , but I am facing an issue

My fps is locked to 30 and runs smooth Ultra settings and using Radeonpro with FXAA / SweetFX (not sure if it is working ). But what I am noticing is jerkiness and the FPS is stable. I can run FS9 at 1.4 Ghz very well on the FX 6300.

I have a feeling that it's my GPU which is limiting. If I use FSX and keep the CPU at 3.8 I am achieving smooth FPS but noticing the FPS throttling and does not look like the CPU is throttling looking like the GPU is not keeping up.

One weird issue I saw today was the sun was at SSW when I was flying towards Seppe (EHAM - EHSE).  I have added some free addons like thunder sounds and stuff, using HDE V2 Clouds and sky textures. 

I need good trees for Europe region if someone can point me to the FREEWARE ONES :).

My load on the CPU is not above 25% in FS9. and GPU shows upto 60-70 in GPU-Z.

Please help. I am enjoying FS9 now much much more than FSX. Clean and smooth except a few issues mentioned,

Sometimes, when its loading airport, or weather injection it can stutter a bit, but on mu i7 no longer then a few seconds.

So thats doable.

Nothing we can do about that, since its the way FS9 is, but oh man, a PMDG 747, Aerosoft EHAM, and way too much AI, and real weather injected by one of the programs, cant decide on wich is best,  and still have 30fps locked. No drops!

Flight is smooth, at every stage, exept when for those seconds now and then, when the weather updates. FSUIPC saturation ? AI Smooth is running also.

Now, all is alpha channel fixed, and mipmapped. No more shimmers.

NV inspector set to bias allow, -1, and euh cant remember the AA settings, but remember, use them in pairs, supersampling at 4, use an 4 AA setting, set to 8, use a 8 AA setting, etc. This gives the best results.

Mipmap in the sim still on 4. Any higher gives some shimmer.

CPU load will be low, FS9 is not made for that. I have HT on, and move FS to all cores, exept 0-1 what windows 7 and the programs can use.

Trees, since you have FSX, use the FSX ones, they work in FS9. Just the textures from the Texture folder, make them DXT3 and voila.

FS9: Still rocking around the christmas tree!

arke_zps97d5bdcb.jpg

Sometimes, when its loading airport, or weather injection it can stutter a bit, but on mu i7 no longer then a few seconds.

So thats doable.

Nothing we can do about that, since its the way FS9 is, but oh man, a PMDG 747, Aerosoft EHAM, and way too much AI, and real weather injected by one of the programs, cant decide on wich is best,  and still have 30fps locked. No drops!

Flight is smooth, at every stage, exept when for those seconds now and then, when the weather updates. FSUIPC saturation ? AI Smooth is running also.

Now, all is alpha channel fixed, and mipmapped. No more shimmers.

NV inspector set to bias allow, -1, and euh cant remember the AA settings, but remember, use them in pairs, supersampling at 4, use an 4 AA setting, set to 8, use a 8 AA setting, etc. This gives the best results.

Mipmap in the sim still on 4. Any higher gives some shimmer.

CPU load will be low, FS9 is not made for that. I have HT on, and move FS to all cores, exept 0-1 what windows 7 and the programs can use.

Trees, since you have FSX, use the FSX ones, they work in FS9. Just the textures from the Texture folder, make them DXT3 and voila.

FS9: Still rocking around the christmas tree!

hi Johan,,

I forgot to mention that I am no longer on the Nvidia (that is on the laptop) SORRY :) it is the HD 7750 2GB , it is my sig-rig.  I don't have any weather engine so there is no injection of any kind from an outside app. But if there is any nice and cheap and free please let me know.

Just downloaded HD_Simulation trees and they look good. Downloading HM MIX and RealityPack. I swear I don't feel like touching FSX anymore LOL.

There are tons of stuff to make FS9 look absolutely gorgeous and if any mistakes does not take any time to reinstall everything.

I just feel its my HD 7750 limitation, as the HD 7750 is not able to handle AA above 4x (could be due to the  CCC Beta 13.11 I am using).

I have my eyes set on the R7 260X but later.

BTW are you using SweetFX ? if yes then can you send me your settings file ?

Looked it up now: I am using 4x Multisampling and 4x supersampling

I was incorrect on the LOD, its set at CLAP -0.5 now. Hmm, maybe I try another setting I just read in another thread.

FS9 still rocks. Its a flight sim, and we need as fluid fps as possible on land and takeoff, and doing maneuvres.

For flying low and slow FSX shines, but only when I am in the mood, otherwise, even on an i7 its crap, if you add in the same as FS9.

Looked it up now: I am using 4x Multisampling and 4x supersampling

I was incorrect on the LOD, its set at CLAP -0.5 now. Hmm, maybe I try another setting I just read in another thread.

FS9 still rocks. Its a flight sim, and we need as fluid fps as possible on land and takeoff, and doing maneuvres.

For flying low and slow FSX shines, but only when I am in the mood, otherwise, even on an i7 its crap, if you add in the same as FS9.

I am using multisampling in RadeonPro.  trying higher sets, damn again going to be late for work .

I went with all max SuperSampling, Anitstropic 16x , AA 8x , GPU Utilization 90-99% with 30fps super smooth don't know why but great. going to ULTRA with SweetFX (still not sure if it is working).

The jerky frames could be from your post processing add ons like SweetFX and FXAA.  If you have Bloom and HDR enabled in SweetFX, performance will suffer.

Also, try locking your frames in FS9 at 60fps.

I tried 30 before and got jerky frames, even though it stayed at a constant 30.  When I lock it at 60fps, it's buttery smooth, even when frames are well below 60. 

The jerky frames could be from your post processing add ons like SweetFX and FXAA.  If you have Bloom and HDR enabled in SweetFX, performance will suffer.

Also, try locking your frames in FS9 at 60fps.

I tried 30 before and got jerky frames, even though it stayed at a constant 30.  When I lock it at 60fps, it's buttery smooth, even when frames are well below 60. 

60 used to be smooth for me but around certain airports it would be jerky. The single biggest performance tweak I've ever found for FS9 was to set the Nvidia Vsync at 1/2 rate and lock the frames at 30.

BTW guys I am not on the NVidia it is my sig rig, I had to reinstall everything as Radeonpro did something to my FSX and became terrible.

So I will try 60 fps.

Don't what happened but after resintalling everything including win 7 FSX has got rotten using NL2000.

Doing tweaks on FS9 right now. GPU all maxed get around 30-35 fps (NO SMAA or SWTFX).

Ouch!  Sorry to hear about the re-installation.

Whenever you change graphics card (ati to nvidia or vice versa), it's always best to run windows in safe mode and use a software like driver sweeper to delete all traces of your previous video card drivers.

Ouch!  Sorry to hear about the re-installation.

Whenever you change graphics card (ati to nvidia or vice versa), it's always best to run windows in safe mode and use a software like driver sweeper to delete all traces of your previous video card drivers.

LOL nonono  I have not replaced my GPU,  the Nvidia you see is on the laptop and now I am on desktop :)

lol  My bad.

But I am planning on buying the R7 260X and then getting X plane 10 and putting FSX to rest :).