Sign in to follow this  
Sonar5

Dreamfleet 727 Released

Can the Radar be used in Other aircraft.I see this developer is advertising it on this page:http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/news.htmWhere they talk about the Radar being $24.95 if purchased seperately, and being a perceived value an all.Their Page says:/Excerpt"DreamFleet Boeing 727: The first FS add-on aircraft to feature Reality XP color weather radar as standard equipment. The 727 comes equipped with a special version of Reality XP's WX500 radar, appearing as the Bendix unit installed in many real 727s. The cost of this radar if purchased separately would be $24.95, yet the entire 727 costs only $34.95 for the download version. Now, that's value!"/End Excerpt 1) So, Can the radar be plugged into other aircraft besides the 727?2) Is it the same radar as Reality XP's, since it says special version?I went to the Reality XP Page, and yes they make some excellant Products.Their Color Radar is priced at $24.95.http://www.reality-xp.com/products/WX5/index.htmSo if this developer is saying that is included, or does it only work in that aircraft and no others.I also am not keen on going to sites talling me I should disable my popup blockers.http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/Previews/727/preview_home.htmlThanks,Joe

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

ahhhh.....BUYER BEWARE......If you go to the News page, the discliamer is not listed there, but if you go to the 727 Features page, you are warned about this so-called value.http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/Previews/727...w_features.htmlWhere they state:"**NOTE: This radar is locked to the 727 product, can only be used with the 727. It will not function if installed in another aircraft or instrument panel."I just have a problem with thme claiming a $24.95 value included, when it is truly NOT, since for $24.95 at Reality XP, you can use it on many Aircraft, not just this one.Maybe they should add this disclaimer to their News Page, and I think them claiming it a s a$24.95 Value is a bit misleading, IMHO. The disclaimer also appears on their purchase page.Regards,Joe

I guess my concerns are with a company claiming such a high a dollar value where one does not exist, IMHO.Maybe if this developer gave a $24.95 discount to anyone already owning the radar, then it would be a $24.95 value.But then they would still need to include their "So called Special Version" in order for it to be a value worth $24.95 IMHO.I just am not comfortable with those types of claims, and I don't respect any advertiser that makes such claims.And to me, IMHO, it is an integrity and ethical issue, and therefore this product would not meet my expectations.Another question is why a developer would feel the need to place a dollar value on a feature that can only be used on that aircraft.Did they feel a need to justify their high cost? That is the way I see it, anyway, and that is my opinion.Regards,Joe

Guest Blazer

Hi..Was going to pass on purchasing this product for many reasons one of them being I have to purchase with CDN currency but after reading the reviews and the threads regarding the DF 727 you flight simmers are making me want to reach for my plastic and purchase this beauty. The screen shots look great and wing views also..Ahhhhh. I guess I might as well go for it..Thanks Guys....TH. AMD 64 3500+ 1 GB DDR RAM 80 GB HD MSI FX 5900XT

Guest vas_yan

What can I say...DF737 was my first airliner add-on. Today, I fell in love again. I took her for a circuit around a local airport and I had right away that weird feeling of doing somethink purposeful, of actually being there, which I thought forever lost once I retired the old 737.The 727 is very easy on the framerates, it even managed to make something more than decent out of my Athlon 2200, GF4 computer. As for the ease with which I took it around that circuit, and landed, I can only offer two explanations...Either the FDE is toned down to suit incompetent virtual pilots like myself, or (and I sincerely hope that is the case...) it is extremely accurate in portraying the real bird's handling and most other planes I have flown have flight dynamics designed by sadists who enjoy torturing people by making them think that real pilots are semi-gods with supernatural abilities and they are c##p. It's been very long since the last time I was on the approach doing 135 knots with the plane truely stabilised without the help of the AP, and feeling that I have plenty of time until touchdown. The only minor thing on my side is the viewpoint in the VC. Does anyone else find it set too high?Regards,

Guest B52Drivr

Hello Vassilis,The real 727 is a 'pilots' aircraft. If you stick close to the suggested weights, numbers and settings, she is just a beautiful lady. If you stray a bit, she will let you know, with a suttle suggestion of balking, and like a beautiful woman, will be a tad difficult at times. Also like a lovely lady, if you totally disregard her instructions . . .she will fight you like the tigeress she is.I don't know a whole lot of real world pilots who didn't fall in love the the 727 . . . it was our personal 'hot rod', our psudo commericial fighter, and when the chips were down, and things got a wee bit difficult, she always came through if you had done your homework and knew how to coax her to get those wanted results.I really can't think of another aircraft by Boeing, save the B-52 series which has stood the test of time and can still do it all, with grace, style and passion.If you haven't guessed, I really loved my time in the 727.Best to all,Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Guest fs3tofs9

Wow it is great.Question though, could anyone point me to some 727 runway tables or data? I'm looking for takeoff distance as a function of weight, OAT, altitude, headwind, tailwind, etc. Right now I'm limiting myself to the mega long runways but I would like to have a better idea what shorter runways are available to me for takeoff given the aircraft weight and weather conditions.

You will need to locate some FPPMs for the 727 100-200. I have them for many other aircraft just not the 727. Did you look at the QRH provided by DreamFleet? Not sure whats in there but it's a start. Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |

Guest DLM9000

My opinion, Joe, and that is all it is, is that if you wanted to add the RADAR to the 727, and it were not included, you would have to pay 24.95 for it. And while you could buy it outright and use it on different planes, you would not have it integrated into the view switching capability of the panel, and especially, you would not have it integrated into the VC. I think this feature alone is worth something. If you just want the RADAR for use in other planes, don't buy the 727, buy the RADAR and use it on whatever you like, and save the 10 bucks. You have already expressed that you do not like DF, or their web site pop-ups, or the 727 price, or the bundling with the RADAR. Sounds like your mind is made up, and no one here is trying to convince you to change it. I think it is great that you have a choice, and you have made it, and even expressed your opinion. And I think everyone here respects your choice and your opinion. No one is trying to convince you otherwise, but it seems that you are trying to convince everyone else.The fact that you voice your opinion is a good thing for people who are shopping. They come here and read what people have to say, and make their choices. However, your persistance, and tone is hurting your credibility, and starting to sound like a personal anti-DF campaign. If I were shopping, and reading here (which I do both), I would have disregarded your comments after about the fourth post. With all due respect, you voiced your opinion, and I voiced mine. (IMHO).Dennis Mitchell

I don't recall seeing this info in either of my manuals and I'm sure it's not in the GA727 QRH suggesting that Ingo didn't have the info either.I will look into it though.In the meantime, don't be shy about shorter runways! Take a look at either the kneeboard or QRH performance tables and you'll see that especially with flaps 40 (depending on weight of course), the 727 has a very low stall speed and whilst final approach should be too close to stall speed, it gives an idea of the room you have to touchdown pretty slow.......if needed. As an example, I fly a lightly loaded 100 in AND out of Orcas regularly.........OK, I don't do it by the book, but it shows what's possible.As I said, I will look into it.http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...BANNER_PAUL.jpg

Cheers

Paul Golding

Guest fs3tofs9

Thanks for the tips. I searched the Internet a bit last night but was unable to locate any. I'll keep looking around.

Guest fs3tofs9

Thanks. The takeoff performance data is really helpful when your at airports with moderately long runways, which can happen often if, for example, you're operating a 727 cargo out of small, regional airports. You'll find yourself at an airport with a 8000 ft runway and your aircraft is quite heavy at a particular weight. The temparture outside is a warm 31C but you'll also have a headwind of about 10 kts on this runway today. Without the takeoff data I'm not even sure what type of safety margin (e.g., 1000ft, 500ft, etc.) I can expect or whether I should even takeoff on the runway at all. Regards.

Guest 767simfan2

Randy,Agreed. There should be an on-line FHB or data somewhere. I have a paper FHB in my archives, and if you really need it, I could probably look some stuff up for you.What I remember from the 72 was that performance really depended on what engines were installed. The -7b was a dog. . .the -9s were too. Performance really picked up with the -14, and the -21 was a real performer.All told, 72s were able to handle LGA so short runways were generally no problem. . .except during the hot summer. High density altitudes and hot temps were a very real problem. Actually, I remember the 72 was temp limited quite a bit during the summer months. Several times each year during the summer, I always wondered if the airplane was actually going to get off before the end of the runway. Somehow, if the numbers were correct it always seemed to work out just right.Remember, the takeoff data is very specific for the airplane, the runway specific conditions, and for the specific runway itself. And, for the airlines, performance data must be calculated for EACH takeoff and landing.If you want to get that specific, my recommend would be to find a VA who's members are into realism and use this type of data.HAWKMANPS; Randy, sorry for not being able to post a reply on the other forum. I would like to give you the courtesy of a reply because your message did have a good point. I you want, please send me an e-mail if you're interested in hearing some behind the scenes stuff.