Sign in to follow this  
Sonar5

Dreamfleet 727 Released

Guest dpc

Haven't purchased (YET). Just curious, can the panel flood lights be shut off in the VC? I like to fly alot at night.ThanksDave

Downloading and purchasing now! Cant wait to try out the freighter version! Thanks again! Looking forward to flying in a beautiful VC hopefully with working windshield wipers and weather effects

Guest panda234

Sleep well Paul. It's awesome...billg

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All,I too would like to add my thanks for the 'nice to read' comments. I came in late to this project, invited by Paul because of my experience in 727's. I was honored and thrilled to be a part of the beta team, when they already had several very compentent real world pilots already on the team.I know the deep effort involved and intense striving for that impossible perfection that this whole team projected for this fine aircraft. I truly can say, that I was satisfied when Paul made the call for release -- It has become my 'all time FS favorite' already, because it really does fly like a 727.Kudos and hats off to this great bunch of individuals who allowed me to participate in their dream . . . I am very proud to have been associated with this team . . . it has been an emense pleasure!I do hope you all enjoy this fine example of a truly great aircraft, and the thought that, just perhaps, I had a 'little' something to do with it, and have offered my fellow flightsimmers a small bit of reality to add to FS is my reward!Carry on Folks . . . and please enjoy our offering to the maximum.Best to all this Holiday season . . . it ain't just for the kids, ya know, .Clay http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Guest davidvoogd

Although I'll probably buy it anyways, a few questions (won't have time to fly tonight anyways)...1 - How well is the autopilot simulated, is it easy enough to use? I realize there LNAV or VNAV, but how does it compare to the freeware models of this autopilot?2 - How does it compare to the ATR-72, PMDG 737 and Aerosoft A319 for using resources / framerates? 3 - Is there a way to disable the VC so it doesn't take up resources?4 - For experienced users of complex addons, how long does it take to get up and running, compared to PMDG 737 or ATR-72?5 - How "fun" do you find it compared to other addons. One of the reasons I"m looking at it is that it's more of a hands on, pay attention while you fly plane, no FMS doing the work for you :(. Do you find it enjoyable, is it ever tedious?6 - What's your favourite and least favourite part of it so far.Oh please no comparisons to other products, and if you don't own it don't answer lol

Guest bigun

Thanks to you and the other Beta Testers Clayton. I've been on a couple of betas before,(nothing like the Dreamfleet crowd, that's my "dream"). You guys really are the unsung heroes of a great release.Thanks again,

Guest DLM9000

She smokes, she squeaks, and she rattles on rollout.Smokes on fuel consumption over 8000lbs/hrBrakes squeak at certain speeds, like real planes.Rollout sounds are very realistic.Screen Shots posted of my first flight. (Circuit test flight)I love it.Dennis Mitchell

Guest DLM9000

Yaaayy! We hear from some of the talent!You da man.Dennis Mitchell

Guest DLM9000

I am so excited I will answer this one.1. Auto Pilot works like the Sperry. Robert Probst did a good job on his (RP727) and after flying that for a couple of weeks, I walked right into this autopilot without a lot of reading, it does have more features. I think the DFF1-727 (Dream Fleet / Flight 1 727) has more systems modeled than any 727 I have seen. It is very convincing.2. It is easy on frame rates. Clouds affect frame rates more. 3. Yes, there is a great configuration tool. I think it is the neatest one I have seen yet. You can set payload, mix sounds, set the the quality of the 2D Bitmaps for directional viewing....4. I set it up and was wheels up in under 5 minutes from the time the download stopped. It was simple. That was with a start up idling configuration. I am sure starting from cold and dark will take some reading. (But that is half the fun!)5. Fun, I think it brings back some excitement. Hand flying approaches and finals. (Set the pitch and adjust the glideslope with engines.) She is very stable and once you have the pitch set, she slides right in there. I even used a side slip in a cross wind. If you think that is fun, you are going to love it. (Its a crosswind Tom, jack them pedals!)6. I am not sure I have found a negative yet. If you hit shift+4 to get to the First Officer's seat, and then press shift+6 to go to the FE's panel, without going back to the main left seat first, the FE panel will come up behind the First Officer's panel. (Just hit shift+4 to resolve). I am not saying this isn't operator error. But hey, if you cut the throttles and point the nose at the ground it will crash too. This is not what I would call a 'bug". This thing works great. Too many positives to list. Well worth the money.Dennis Mitchell

Guest DLM9000

Alright! Let's give it up for Clayton. I am sure you had a lot to do with the convincing feel.Thanks for my birthday present!Dennis Mitchell

Guest DLM9000

I posted a couple of screen shots of my first test flight in the 727-100, in the Screen Shot Forum.I knew it was going to be fun, but it was ...funner.Dennis

Guest av84fun

The DF machines are fantastic. I own a couple of them. But I'm waiting for frame rate comments from folks, like me, with 1.7 machines.Most all excellent payware is just too much for such systems...mine at least.But I'm going to upgrade soon and then can buy the whole DF hangar!Regards,Jim

Guest davidvoogd

So far I have almost all of them, pretty much all Flight1 and DF planes... well actually all of them that run on FS2004 now so I may as well grab this one...