Sign in to follow this  
rooster hancock 2003

TDS 787

Hi All

I have the TDS 787 with my chosen panel all set up and flying great, however, one thing bugs me and that is the brightness of the default beacon, nav and strobe lights it's really low although I think the landing lights are not too bad. Can anyone help me please with the required editing of the lights in the cfg to make them brighter please. I just don't know how to do this myself.

Many thanks in advance.

Malcolm "Rooster" Hancock

Malcolm Hancock

Hard-wired in the model, sadly, and out of reach.

It's possible to go around (TOGA LOL) this limitation

You can use any effect you like .. and edit the aircraft.cfg LIGHT chapter (for make new stances) and so superpose your new effect over those existing in the model !

The usage of a software like "Aircraft Container Manager" can help for positionning the effects in the good location ...

Supposedly, that's realistic. In any case, I see a file in the texture folder called TD788_LIGHTS.bmp, don't know if playing with that will change anything. Make sure you back that file up if you plan on trying to play around with it.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. Kevin I did see the TD788_LIGHTS.bmp you mention and I think this is the way forward perhaps, but I have never done anything like this before and don't know how to edit a bmp. Any help/information in this direction would be good.

Thank you

Malcolm "Rooster" Hancock

Malcolm Hancock

Do you have DXTBMP? If so, just open the file with DXTBMP, click Image, click send to editor, it'll probably take you to Microsoft Paint, make whatever changes you feel you need to make, save, go back to DXTBMP, click image, click refresh after edit, your changes should now show up, then save the texture again.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.