Sign in to follow this  
CarlosF

Ben's comments about 10.30...

...while reading Ben's post on10.25 going final and 10.30 being the next big patch, one line really stood up:

"At this point our next “big” release planned is 10.30.  We have a ton of stuff planned for it; "

the word "ton" is what really got my heart pumping. It's going to be a long wait but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Here is the link.

http://developer.x-plane.com/

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Yep Carlos, been saying that myself for a while... I know we are all really looking fwd for it, but as you say, we have to be patient, because it'll bring, again, after the 64 bit thing, X-Plane 10 to an even higher level!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Yep Carlos, been saying that myself for a while... I know we are all really looking fwd for it, but as you say, we have to be patient, because it'll bring, again, after the 64 bit thing, X-Plane 10 to an even higher level!

what are these changes?

the word "ton" is what really got my heart pumping. It's going to be a long wait but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Especially considering that Ben is very reluctant to use "superlative" words when talking about planned X-Plane features, contrary to Austin! :smile:

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

Half that article spent time describing why they dont want to say what is coming.

I can't be excited about promises of great stuff coming in xplane anymore. 

Don't get that statement wrong as an overly negative thing but it's my experience from a company that doesnt say what they are planning to do, doesnt say when features released a couple years ago will work nicely etc.

I just dont see how you can tell that 10.30 will not just be a huge patch for various issues where a lot of them will not effect us at all.

So thats my attitude to LR telling me there will be great stuff but telling me in the same sentence they are not confident enough to deliver on time, hence the secrecy.

I will take it on merit when it's delivered and hopefully be really happy but I wont bother speculating on great things..

what are these changes?

At least one was already mentioned here - the changes to the internal flight dynamics model to better accomodate the effects that, specially on prop aircraft, account for a much more noticeable yaw than roll due to torque / spiraling slipstream / p-factor / gyroscopic ...

I believe it's also more or less assumed that the blurr effect on sceneries, at distance, will get a fix.

Then, there are many features asked by 3pds to turn their development of more complex aircraft and secenery easier.

And certainly even more...

For me, honestly, just the 1st would be enough, and I'm sure it'll take them a lot of time to be effective and turn X-Plane's flight dynamics model to even higher standards.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Everyone here has the right to either be disappointed at LR not publishing the beta road map or be excited that they are committed and will continue to address some issues, include more features and enhancements.

I for one am not in a hurry and as far as my sim needs, XPlane 10 10.25 meets those needs, but when I read...

"At this point our next “big” release planned is 10.30.  We have a ton of stuff planned for it; it’ll be a big release, offer significant new features, and probably take quite a while in beta."

...I believe every word in his statement and thus gets my blood flowing, even if this means waiting a few months. 

Anyway, Cheer up fellows, "Good things come for those who wait"

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Yes, thats why I dont take what I say in too negative of a way.   I am ok with it as it is and would like for nice improvements.  I just don't buy in to much excitement about point upgrades as they may not tend to deliver what we want.

I am happy if this time around all it delivers are huge behind the scenes changes to get more 3rd parties on board.

I just don't buy in to much excitement about point upgrades

I've been reading Ben's blog for quite some time now, and I haven't come across words like "ton of stuff planed", "it will be a big release", "offer significant features" when mentioning upcoming updates, give the guy some credit, after all he is the one coding the changes.

I've been reading Ben's blog for quite some time now, and I haven't come across words like "ton of stuff planed", "it will be a big release", "offer significant features" when mentioning upcoming updates, give the guy some credit, after all he is the one coding the changes.

I give the guy lots of credit, thats not the point of my post though.   For that single paragraph which you quoted from  he also many  paragraphs saying that for so many reasons things don't always happen for what ever reason and things don't make releases.

For that reason the hype is hard to maintain and they find it hard to deliver the hype.   They are not creating the hype.

I wouldn't be surprised if Philipp would come up with a nicely improved GPS.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!    :ph34r:

Main Simulation Rig: