Sign in to follow this  
Arismac

Petition to MS to release P3D2 for entertainment

The Australian Blog Spot, AirDailyX is organising a petition to ask MS to release Prepar3D to the gaming community. If you are interested follow this LINK.

??? They might also start a petition to ask LM if they actually want to do that...

Why on earth would LM enter a video game market? Would they really want their product on Best Buys shelf so that some kid can play a video game? This is still an aerospace/defence contractor and the ugly truth is that its business is warfare. That hasn't changed.

Maybe all the gamer kiddies are looking at leaving AVSIM and are looking to go cry over there.

(Now where's that icon for "fingers crossed")?

The Australian Blog Spot, AirDailyX is organising a petition to ask MS to release Prepar3D to the gaming community. If you are interested follow this LINK.

Technically P3D is Lockheed Martin's baby, based on the same initial code as FSX is, so MS can't really do anything with P3D as it's not theirs.

LM are 'releasing' P3D to the gaming community, you just need to open your wallet.

Technically P3D is Lockheed Martin's baby, based on the same initial code as FSX is, so MS can't really do anything with P3D as it's not theirs.

LM are 'releasing' P3D to the gaming community, you just need to open your wallet.

I think, with respect Mick, LM are not releasing P3D to the gaming community... they are making it available to those who want to learn to fly. There is a big difference. Hence the reason why it will not be found at the local games store being sold alongside Call of Duty!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I am not going to enter into a discussion on USA Copyright law. If I could I would not be offering my professional opinion in this forum as you could not afford my fee. In fact of the tens of thousands of words that have been written, here and elsewhere, on this subject I have not knowingly read a single word from a qualified legal practitioner.

I simply suggest that it MIGHT be possible for the copyright owner to license a third party, who currently sells gaming or flight sim products, to sell AND support Prepar3D to the gaming community.

I am not going to enter into a discussion on USA Copyright law. If I could I would not be offering my professional opinion in this forum as you could not afford my fee. In fact of the tens of thousands of words that have been written, here and elsewhere, on this subject I have not knowingly read a single word from a qualified legal practitioner.

I simply suggest that it MIGHT be possible for the copyright owner to license a third party, who currently sells gaming or flight sim products, to sell AND support Prepar3D to the gaming community.

I find it curious that Xplane can be used both professionally and for entertainment purposes simply by purchasing a USB dongle for the pro version...any reply to that PMDG or Lockheed Martin?

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

As the thread is turning into another eula debate, this one is locked as well.

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4