Sign in to follow this  
viper1740

Pricing for upgrades...

So with the recent news of PMDG developing for P3D and XP10... will one with FSX products be offered a special upgrade/transfer price if one would like to switch over to P3D let's say? I really am optimistic of P3D and would like to know if the switch would be beneficial to all of us. Not sure how similar those two platforms are. Thanks for the reply.

will one with FSX products be offered a special upgrade/transfer price if one would like to switch over to P3D let's say?

[OPINION LACKING FIRM EVIDENCE]

I doubt it.  P3D might be arguable, given its similarity to FSX, but XPlane will likely be an entirely different development.

[/OPINION LACKING FIRM EVIDENCE]

Kyle Rodgers

[OPINION LACKING FIRM EVIDENCE]

I doubt it.  P3D might be arguable, given its similarity to FSX, but XPlane will likely be an entirely different development.

[/OPINION LACKING FIRM EVIDENCE]

P3D is all I really am concerned about.  Somehow I don't see myself switching over to XP10.  It's like having to want to learn all over again.  Shortcuts, placements of different menu's etc...  I guess we'll have to see as time gets closer....

P3D is all I really am concerned about.

Given the fact that the 777LR/F is the probable first release, I'm imagining that it is pretty port-able.  I'm not sure how true that is, factually, though, so please don't repeat that anywhere as fact (that goes for anyone who reads this).  The only plane that was offered with some sort of combo-deal with two different sims was the MD-11 and there was somewhat of a unique set of issues around that for that to happen.  I doubt that the FSX and P3D products will have some sort of combo deal, but that would be the one that would people might actually have an argument for.

Kyle Rodgers

Jakub-

It is far too early for us to be able to discuss pricing.

When we have the actual license agreements governing the P3D product line worked out, then we will be able to confirm a pricing model...

Until then there really isn't any information I can share.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Jakub-

When we have the actual license agreements governing the P3D product line worked out, then we will be able to confirm a pricing model...

I think at the point I am just thrilled PMDG is at the party to worry about pricing. 2014 will be a special year for Flight simulation.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Jakub-

Thank you Robert!

I hope there would be some kind of deal for current owners, it would suck having to repurchase the same product especially at full price to use it in P3D.

+1. I hope there would be no cost to use in P3D..... Money is tight enough for everyone

Joe Park

Gents-

I posted a bunch of information that we DO already know about pricing in a new thread.

What we do not know right now is what our direct costs will be for the license rights to move products into P3D.  That is being negotiated- and will have a direct reflection on what the pricing levels eventually turn out to be.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com