Sign in to follow this  
DarkstarF16

Black Screen

Although I did about an hour of flying/testing without issue I exited out of P3D and after starting it up got am error message. So tried again and now the whole screen is BLACK. I can here the sim running in the background but cant see anything.

LM are aware of the issue. See: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=3801

If you disable HDR lighting it should return to normal. If like me you were stuck in full screen, then ALT+ENTER and you should get the MENU. Disable HDR and exit the sim. After a restart you should be back to normal without HDR lighting.

I've seen it in the Bonanza too, simply closing the sim and reloading it cleared the issue. I wouldn't mind but the black screen didn't appear till about 1 hour into me using the sim. It's not happened again since and I've never turned HDR off.

Cheers, Andy.

Although I did about an hour of flying/testing without issue I exited out of P3D and after starting it up got am error message. So tried again and now the whole screen is BLACK. I can here the sim running in the background but cant see anything.

LM are aware of the issue. See: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=3801

If you disable HDR lighting it should return to normal. If like me you were stuck in full screen, then ALT+ENTER and you should get the MENU. Disable HDR and exit the sim. After a restart you should be back to normal without HDR lighting.

Ok I had the same issue and made a post about it removing the HDR does nothing to solve it. The issue is caused by exiting the sim in full screen mode. To fix it you will need to delete your p3d cfg file and let P3d build a new one once you do that set all you graphics options and exit make a copy of the new CFG in case you forget to exit full screen mode that way you won't loose all your settings. From now till they fix the issue before you exit leave full screen mode and you'll have no issues. 

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

No its not, I've never touch fullscreen mode and I had a random black screen after flying fine for an hour or so. It's not done it since then.

Cheers, Andy.

Ok I had the same issue and made a post about it removing the HDR does nothing to solve it. The issue is caused by exiting the sim in full screen mode. To fix it you will need to delete your p3d cfg file and let P3d build a new one once you do that set all you graphics options and exit make a copy of the new CFG in case you forget to exit full screen mode that way you won't loose all your settings. From now till they fix the issue before you exit leave full screen mode and you'll have no issues. 

Interesting...

What I did was to ALT+ENTER to exit full screen because I could not access the menu. I guess that doing what you suggest returns you back to default.

After I unchecked HDR (Which may, as you say have nothing to do with it) I ran P3D in windowed mode and exited. I then ran it again and checked HDR (I know, im a glutton for punishment). I have not had the problem since and have exited in full screen without the black screen issue appearing again. 

What Ive had since however is that if I exit in full screen mode and then run P3D again, I dont get anything at all. The sim runs and is minimised but you cant maximise it at all. Because I use Eyefinity I switch it off and back on again and the problem goes away.

Although im NOT using the latest AMD drivers, Im using 13.4 - these work perfectly with FSX so Im loath to upgrade just yet. I will wait till a fix is released from LM.

Have this problem too, I'm starting and the screen is black.

Same problem here on, just installed a fresh copy. Does anyone know the real reason why it does this and a fix?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I had this problem everytime I started. I had to fiddle with Alt+Enter and other stuff just to be able to see the screen.

Finally, in the cfg file .

under [Main]

I made  Maximized=1 and I haven't had the problem since.

It can't hurt to try it, it worked for me. You can change back to full screen mode after the sim starts up via Alt+Enter.