Sign in to follow this  
nhall72

Screen Flashes Black w/ EZCA

I have EZCA setup and working in P3Dv2 but whenever I change views with a hotkey the screen flashes black very briefly.  It works but it's very distracting.

Has anybody else seen this?

This has been attributed to vsync being forced on in FSX.

I have no idea if it has any effect on P3D.

Turn off vsync and see if it still flickers.

I just tried it with vsync off but it didn't make any difference. 

It's probably somehow related to the black screen bug in P3D but since nobody else reported it I thought there might be some kind of workaround.  Is anybody else seeing this at all?  It does it in both windowed and fullscreen mode regardless of whether HDR is on or off.

I think what you are seeing is the way HDR works on view change, the HDR lighting is dynamic and resets when you change view causing the brief anomaly.

Cheers, Andy.

I have this Problem too with EZCA v1.17 and P3D Beta.. HDR and VSync are off, please help!

There is nothing to fix, its just the way it works. If you don't like it I suggest you comment about it on the Prepa3d support forums where the developers will see it.

Cheers, Andy.

I really hope EZDOK issues can all be resolved. It is really holding me back from fully embracing P3D at this point.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

This flashing error or bug came from P3Dv2 because when you press F9 key without EZDOK also do it. EZDOK actually use the HotKey of P3Dv2 (F9 Key)
I hope Locheed Martin will solve this.

I've temporarily solved by removing "HotKeySelect=1" from Camera.CFG
But then the camera from external to internal is not good anymore.