Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fluffyflops

best MMUN scenery for fsx

Hello..

Im planning on getting some scenery for Cancun.  I see theres 3 vendors

Aviation Multimedia Studios

Eagle Simulations

TropicalSim

Link found here http://www.flightsim-scenery.com/fsx/mexico.html

which one would you recommended... for example which ones have the 2 runways...

Cheers

I wasn't even familiar with the Eagle Sim one. After looking it up, I can say that it should not be on your list.

AMS is the best one but I don't see it at Simmarket anymore. Their website isn't updated and their forum is filled with spam. If you do buy it somewhere, make sure you get the 2012 FSX version and know that the product is unsupported. Also, it will never have AES compatibility. The AMS version, however, represents the airport as it is today. I do believe the T-Sim version includes the new runway and T3.

Also, I had major issues with the approaches for the AMS version. They didn't add the new runway so I had to recreate all of the approaches with ADE.

Honestly, we really need a version by LatinVFR, Taxi2Gate or an updated version by T-Sim. The AMS version is nice and it is fairly detailed but it does seem like they just gave up, stopped development and ended support.

I have the TropicalSim version, and I like it.  It's due for an update since the airport has added new facilities over the last few years.  TropicalSim has been good about updating its products.  I also wouldn't be surprised if LatinVFR or Taxi2Gate develop it in the near future.