Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Murmur

ND's BK-117 or Nemeth/DreamFoil's AS350 B3+?

Given the black Friday offer's on the .org store, I was thinking about buying one of these two products (for X-Plane 10).

If someone has them both, which is better in terms of (and in order of importance):

.) flight model
.) systems complexity/realism
.) frame rate performance
.) general usability / eye-candy

Given the black Friday offer's on the .org store, I was thinking about buying one of these two products (for X-Plane 10).

If someone has them both, which is better in terms of (and in order of importance):

The flight model of both of then is quite good, but the BK-117 is IMHO much easier to handle (since it is heavier). The AS350 is in fact for autorotations better but it can be quite tricky to control it.

The AS 350 has more features and modes but I must admit I prefer the BK-117.

I have the AS350, but I do not like some of it's flight characteristics...

I would go for the BK117

Don't forget the recently updated R22 Beta II also from Dreamfoil. Thought I would throw a third heli into the mix. I only have the AS350+ which I think is excellent and can highly recommend it, although like others I spend more time battling with the controls. On the plus side I now have very strong forearms! I have seen some YT videos of people doing some very realistic autorotations with it, but it baffles me as to how they get this good. I guess a lot of practice. Happy purchasing!

Rhydian

Problem is that it feels lke it has no sideways inertia, or the rotor is bellow the center of gravity.

Give a bit more of roll cyclic and you'll  barrel-roll it instantly... Not at all realistic.

Also fails to even try to model VRS...

Hmmm