Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sportsfan23

Taxi help?

So after finding out which add-on was causing my issue of course it would be the one that was helping me the most haha. I was using a follow me car add-on that would basically bring your plane to a runway. This was quite helpful for me since I don't have the big airports memorized as far as taxiways go. 

Since that one obviously didn't work for me are there any other type of taxi programs out there? I know FSX has progressive taxi but I can't use that while I am using RC4. 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Why not use the web to download airport diagrams to use and just follow those like real pilots do? Plus its free in most cases to download them.

You can find just about any airport diagram on the web these days.

A side note to this is thats its one less thing to install into FSX that could cause problems.

Yea I thought about that its just FSX seems to run not as well in windowed mode.

I actually wasn't implying to run FSX in windowed mode to view them, but to download all your airport diagrams and print them out.

If you dont have a printer just put them on a flash drive and take them to Kinkos or somewhere to get them printed. Once done put them all in a nice binder and your all set.

Ever see airline pilots carrying a big black box type case with them thru the airport? Its full of printed charts, sids, stars, approaches and airport diagrams.

Or if you have an iPad or similar, just view them on that.

There is also the top-down view that can help you in finding your way.

Hundreds of airports in FSX, are either outdated, and/or do not have an exact/precise (to reality) taxiway network.