Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

macpilot

Orbx Prepar3D version 1 installer

I'm following instructions here. "A Guide For Installing Orbx Scenery Into Prepar3D v2!". But I can't locate the Prepar3d V1 installer. Can someone please send me the link where I can get this.

Also, Anyone out there used this procedure and confirm it works.

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

Bill

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It should be in your account at the Flight sim store,  Check the DOWNLOADS page for your account.

AviatorMan,

Are you talking about the Avsim Flight sim store? I never had an account there. Sorry I'm confused.

Thank You.

Bill

Bill, there is no link. If you download the latest version of FTX Global when you go to install, you will be given three options to install, FSX, P3D1 and P3D2. Choose the option that applies to your FS installation.

Arismac,

I didn't purchase FTX Global and I never had P3D1. What I am trying to do is take my ORBX scenery from FSX and use it in P3D2. Per the instructions in "A Guide For Installing Orbx Scenery Into Prepar3D v2!". It says I need the P3D1 installer. The link is

http://airdailyx.blogspot.com/2013/11/a-guide-for-installing-orbx-scenery.html

Based on the comment it seems to work with some small problems.

Thanks.

Bill

Orbx do a migrator tool, designed for FSX -> P3Dv1 migration, I think the latest version is 1.3 but there are links around to previous versions that are dead.

Just log on to the ORBX support forum and the latest one should be easy to find.

I had mixed results using it, I had previously installed SAK from a new download with a P3D1 installer that didn't seem to work, but the migrator seemed to fix it. Certainly it works now.

I tried installing PNW from a DVD with the migrator, that didn't quite work and I had to copy scenery.cfg entries from FSX. Now it seems to work but not fully tested yet.

The AirDailyx suggestions don't quite seem to work...

Cheers

Keith

Keith,

I started with the ORBX support forum. There's a post that talks about the migrator tool but no link in the post for getting it. That's why I was asking for a link. If you can find it please let me know. Did you try the instructions in the "A Guide For Installing Orbx Scenery Into Prepar3D v2!" link?

Thanks.

Bill

Try http://myftx.com/orbxfreeware/P3D/Orbx_P3D_Migrator_Linker130.zip

Pretty sure that's the one I used, its linked from the FTX support page.

They do say its not compatible with V2, I did follow the AirDailyX instructions and created the symbolic link to ProgramData, which worked but the installer did not update the scenery.cfg file there and I had to do that manually.

YMMV, its worth a try...

Cheers

Keith