Sign in to follow this  
bk2000

Pre-install tasks I should do b4 installation of DX10 Fixer...

1. Replace the "ShadersHLSL" folder with the original FSX folder.
    (I should do this because I had altered it when installing Steve's Shader Release v3.2.2, and I also manually
    applied some changes per Bojotes-shader and changed the "Rain40.fx" per IFLYFSX rain fix.)

2. Replace the "Shaders10" folder found in the FSX folder found here:  C/Users/{your username}/AppData/Local Microsoft/FSX folder.
      (I should do this because Steve's fixes and other changes I've done have altered the contents of the original "Shaders10" folder)
      (replacement can also be done by deleting the two Shaders cache folders inside your (Windows 7) “C:\Users\{your username}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX\. FSX will then rebuild these two the next time it starts.)
      (ps: I don't think I have to replace the "Shaders" folder as that deals with DX9 only?)

3. "....... install to the default location give by the installer, or any other folder of its own."
    (Quoted from AVSIM "The Official DX10 Scenery Fixer Support Forum" >> "Flight Sim Store Installer READ ME!)

Please suggest anything else I should be aware of....

Thanks

in the past I excluvely followed the instructions for download and updates, see Steve´s topic above. "Updating to a new Release (Flight Sim Store)".

Wulf

Step 2 does no harm but strictly isn't necessary as dx10sf rebuilds the shader cache.

4. Uninstall enb series if you have it.

5 I would suggest removing sweetfx to start with and add it in later.

6 when installing don't close the splash screen as it stops the installation completing but doesn't actually warn you that it's important

( I have a modded version that I mean to upload)