Sign in to follow this  
wanabflyer

Is this review accurate?

Just a quick FYI about Radar Contact and voice recognition.

There is a cheap program call Voice Activated Commands that works great. http://www.dwvac.com/

A while back I built an extensive VAC file/voice set for RC4. You can read about it here: (I am Working Dog)

http://www.dwvac.com/vac_phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=602

Of course that was three computers ago and I have since lost that file but currently building it again if anyone shows interest.

What is cool about VAC - the files I built work with RC4, FSX default ATC, GSX, UT2, FS2Crew, and AES. As well as being able to operate commands on the airplane like gear up or similar.

It is only limited by your imagination. :Thinking:

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

MTX has its entry in the fsx.cfg?

You've run the Vox indexer after confirming the MTX entry?

Yes & Yes.

When I do a search on the forums and on the web, there is just about zero hits on this problem. This tells me that it is something I was doing wrong 2 years ago and I must be doing it again. Talk about déjà vu.

I am absolutely stumped, because as far as I know, I have followed every requirement to the letter and I've been over and over the files and cfg. a dozen times.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Just a thought, does anybody know if I am supposed to get full AI on the demo, or do I only get fully functional atc with only Cessna traffic until I register VOXATC?

Rick Hobbs

Just a thought, does anybody know if I am supposed to get full AI on the demo, or do I only get fully functional atc with only Cessna traffic until I register VOXATC?

Do you have UT2? Did you tried the UT2Bridge app i posted above?

Ive had planes taxi into me. And ATC is really frustrating when you want it to assign a SID and STAR as sometimes it doenst. But otherwise its very immersive.

I never get this. Must be a problem with your AI traffic control. What AI programe are you using? 

For perfect control I disabled add on traffic and downloaded WOAI and apart from having stunning AI there is zero conflict with vox atc

ZORAN

I am using MTX, so don't need UT2 Bridge and I don't have any conflicts with VOXATC, just can't get any AI but Cessnas and all ATC conversation with AI is with Cessnas.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Just to update all that are interested, I have just finished 3 days of back and forth emails with Tegwyn of VOXATC and he found the problem after exhaustive investigation by him. It was a simple missing folder that for some reason was not in my FSX subdirectories. Now everything works perfectly with my AI.

I can't say enough about VOXATC support, absolutely awesome. Thanks all for your replies and interest.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs