Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Lost all my controllers in FSX after P3Dv2

Well,

FWIW, I should mention that I ran through a similar experience today when I bought and installed P3Dv2.2

I had a problem right at the install, described in another thread, and also a very weird controller misconfiguration that was persistent! Whenever I redefined the axis of my three controllers, and even exported the controller conf files using the option available in the menu, after restarting P3Dv2 the assignments reverted to what P3Dv2,2 wanted them to be :-(

I should point out that I have no FSX install, as well as no other P3D install ( were long wiped from my HD and registry was clean of them too...).

Well, I posted at the LM forums, and will still check any suggestions I may get there, but the problem was solved by miracle after a Windows reboot???? I hate this sort of problem solving, but the fact is that now everything is working flawlessly!

Ah! Among this weird controller behavior and before the above mentioned reboot, I was also experiencing an error message with the F-22 regarding one of the sound files ?  That one was gone too after the reboot...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

you dredged up a rather old thread... as a moderator, I would expect better. :frown:

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Yes Ed, I did, but although now FSX - related, I wonder how many new users of P3Dv2 can come accross this same situations where, after install, the controller settings persist to their default even when we define them, just to find they reverted back to the original when we restart the sim.

This problem may not happen with all users, I am sure, but I had difficulties in finding any hints about how to solve it....

The same applies to the error I was getting whenever I tried to install the sim this morning, and was DirectX-related. Again, very few dources of info on how to cope with it...

Anyway, sorry for bothering you with my post :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...