Sign in to follow this  
Vee1

Navigation Display freezing

Hi all!

While flying from Helsinki to Dubai, I found the ND in a frozen state (not moving) something like I found in the PMDG B747X. It seems to make it work again, I have to get to the external view and go in the flightdeck again to see it in working order... Is this a known bug that will be fixed in the SP or is it something that didn't happen yet to anybody?

Thanks for your time!

I understand this has something to do with being far away from any control towers on the ground, out over the sea or something. It usually makes the entire screen and all displays appear frozen. You are right in that switching back between interior and exterior views usually fixes it.

Read the intro manual. it is known.

switch from the VC to the 2D panel (the panel does not exist, but the view does) and back and its fixed.

Thanks all! Actually it was over Ukraine. The interesting thing was that in all the other flights it never happened... not even in the DXB-JFK route!

Happy landings!