Sign in to follow this  
Aidan

Cant close doors via the FMC

I am unable to close or open  the doors via the FMC.

One doors will close if I programme a keyboard short cut in the FMC.

The panel that I start up with is 777 short.

All engines are off, and ground connections are connected with full electrical power.  (Have tried it with the apu running as well)

This has only started happening today.

any ideas?

Aidan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yeah, no, mine's been doing the same thing. I've just said forget it and sent over a ticket to PMDG.

Aidan-

I might be incorrect here- but I think we more-or-less suggest ignoring the 777-SHORT panel state file at the moment.  (I need Ryan to weigh in here- as these are not my area of expertise...)

With SP1 we will be replacing all of them in order to make them more robust with a ton of fixes that we have put in place related to state save/load functionality.

With respect to the 777-SHORT itself, I just loaded it and was able to manipulate the doors without any trouble.  (You can reach the cargo doors by using page down/up, if you didn't know.)

We have run into a few situations where folks ran afoul of the MANUAL door control logic while they had an automated turn running...  That is probably the most common door related hiccup we see at support.

• Upvote 1

I follow the forums here on a daily basis and what I find strange is that I think I read about this problem for the first time in this month.

And all of a sudden more and more people are effected by it who never had the problem before.

Almost sounds like a maintenance problem ;-)

Oh...and I think we were told by Ryan not to use the cold and dark state but Long and Short should be fine.

I use short and long on an overclocked PC and have not had this problem so far.

I had the same problem as Aidan yesterday. The doors were open (3 cargo doors and the L2 entry door) but would not respond to button pushes on the FMC. Moreover, the FMC seemed to think the cargo doors were closed already (the word OPEN appeared next to the LSKs). I tried restarting FSX, turning electrics and hydraulics on and off but no joy. I had started with the 777 SHORT panel state.  The problem cleared itself about an hour later without any apparent cause, and it has not recurred today.

As a precaution I've saved a panel state with all doors closed, in case it happens again.

Rob

(edited as I'd forgotten to put my name)

Did a flight today and everything has returned to normal.

I am not sure if its linked, but I serviced all systems in case it may be linked to service based failures.

Will keep you posted.

Aidan

Problem recurred today. Startup state was 777SHORT. Tried changing panel state, no joy. Everything went dead. Screenshots showing the doors open and strange configuration of FMC pages:

ALT2024-2013-dec-27-003_zps35de0f5b.jpg

ALT2024-2013-dec-27-002_zps128a44fe.jpgALT2024-2013-dec-27-001_zpsb6bf11fe.jpg

Problem recurred today. Startup state was 777SHORT. Tried changing panel state, no joy. Everything went dead. Screenshots showing the doors open and strange configuration of FMC pages:ALT2024-2013-dec-27-003_zps35de0f5b.jpgALT2024-2013-dec-27-002_zps128a44fe.jpgALT2024-2013-dec-27-001_zpsb6bf11fe.jpg

You tried changing to your saved "closed doors" panel state and even that had doors open?

Where do you have FSX installed, not in the program folder I hope?

(can prevent acces to files or prevent acces to change/write files)

And have you tried with your antivir scanner off?

(ditto)

I assigned CTRL + SHIFT + 1 to 8 to the L and R doors and 9 and 0 to the cargo doors and keep my fingers away from the door page for now.

Also quite useful if I need the third CDU for other stuff, I just hit the keys if GSX is asking for a door.

You know, I wonder....

I see everybody with this problem seems to be using the 3rd CDU for Doors.

I allways use CDU 2 for everything incl Doors (I fly as FO and have Capt displays turned off) and have not had this problem so far.

Maybe something is wrong with CDU 3.

Have you guys tried another one?

also I experienced this problem, after a flight I opened the doors, reset the route for the consequent flight and when I have tried to close they won't work anymore............THIS IS WITHOUT ANY DOUBT A BUG............solve it in the next sp and all will be ok for me....it could appens.....it is enough to solve the problem and not deny it..... marry christmas to all

Mario

It seems to be in a better mood today. No rhyme or reason to it, exactly the same startup conditions. Same airport, same stand, same aircraft, same livery. Correct indications on the FMC:

ALT2024-2013-dec-28-001_zps101057b8.jpg

Say, you are not misinterpreting the (confusing) DOOR indications of the CDU are you?

Because if you save a panel state with all door closed.....and you get the above CDU page to show look this....then nothing is correct!

For what it is worth, CDU indications are confusing in real life too!

Ofcourse there is no DOOR page in real life, but there are some similar options in the real CDU where the word next to the key select buttons does not mean the current state of the system, but rather what happens if you push on it!

So in you picture here.....all cargo doors are in fact OPEN!

If you push on CLOSE....then the respective door closes (indicated by "closing")

When the doors are closed the LSK will say "OPEN", because when you click on it you will open the door.

Ok, so thats not it either then.

it probably is a bug like you said before.

I usually start a flight completely from scratch.

So FSX startup interface;

select 777

select weather

select time/season

select airport/gate.

I then end up with engines running at the gate.

Next I select the SHORT or LONG PMDG turnaround panel state.

And 15sec later all is fine.

I must admit I fly less (FSX that is) then most of you, so maybe that is one reason I have not had the problem yet.

Where are you getting this Door problem by the way?

Everywhere or could it be location caused?

Unbelievable, My door problem started yesterday (short) and Im currently flying with cargo doors open (test flight with passengers lol) and of course shortly after take off there was a cabin pressure warning so followed checklist and now we are all required to wear oxygen masks and descending to 10,000ft and  heading back :-( 

I never had this problem until I set one of the saved panel states to load as default. Once I had cleared this, the problem did not appear.

Yep! See that is why I am not a big fan of saving anything.

I dont save panel states

I dont save flights....well, I do....but only inflight so that if I have an OOM I can continue the flight (hopefully without save faults and bugs!

I start every flight from scratch....I end up at the gate with the default PMDG state (engines runnng.

Then I select the Short or Long turnaround PMDG panel state and 15 sec later I have what I want.

It is a bit time consuming if compared to saving a default flight from this point.....but nothing compared to all the trouble shooting some have to do because they (unknowingly) saved a flight with faults/Bugs!

Ps, I am not saying the Door problem is not a bug, nor that everybody who has this problem has caused it himself!

I start most of my flights from EGCC, various gates. The problem seems to be random. I always start clean (fresh start of FSX, load default aircraft, switch to the T7, fold my arms and wait till the PMDG countdown reaches zero and the aircon is audible, start preflight).

Isn't it mentioned in the manuals to not load a default aircraft and then load the 777.Loading a default aircraft before 777 is not recommended and could actually cause issues.Neither should you set 777 as your default aircraft..not sure if that could be the reason for this..

Pankaj

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Isn't it mentioned in the manuals to not load a default aircraft and then load the 777.Loading a default aircraft before 777 is not recommended and could actually cause issues.Neither should you set 777 as your default aircraft..not sure if that could be the reason for this..

Pankaj

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is correct!

Only the FSX startup interface should have a default FSX aircraft (I left the Tryke).

But you should not change to a PMDG aircraft after having first opened a flight with the Tryke or a Cessna or whatever.

All you need to do is select the PMDG aircraft in the FSX "create flight" interface.

Gents-

A couple of items:

SIGN YOUR POSTS IN THIS FORUM.  If you have neglected to sign your posts in this thread, they got zapped.  Sorry....  (but you should know to sign your posts from the forum rules!)

Second:

I want to reiterate that our guidance is to avoid using the SHORT file until we have a chance to replace it with SP1 in the coming weeks.

Also- we are hearing some talk that there is some interference between GSX trying to control the doors on the 777 and our own code.  I don't have any hard evidence of this yet- but we are trying to research that a bit more...  It would be helpful if someone who has the problem can let us know if they do NOT have GSX installed (at all.. not just at that airport... but at all...)

That would allow us to eliminate that issue...

Thanks gents- I'm looking at it... I just need to find a way to replicate it and then I will be able to solve it. 

It would be helpful if someone who has the problem can let us know if they do NOT have GSX installed (at all.. not just at that airport... but at all...)

You must be referring to AES because GSX works at all airports on one install. 

I do not have and have never had GSX installed.

I started to have the doors problem a few days ago. Other posters helped me to notice that the problem began soon after I set a default panel state. I have now cleared the default panel state so she starts with engines running, then I load a panel state manually.

Also I'd like to know if anyone has had the doors problem after loading the T7 in the FSX free flight window.

(Following advice from other posters I tried this, no doors problem, but FSX CTD'd on initial climb. I went back to my old way - load the default A321 first, then switch to the T7, no CTD and no doors problem. I didn't use a panel startup, I manually loaded 777 LONG)

Rob