Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robschofield

Shockwave lights on AI aircraft

Steve

Noticed an issue tonight having had a few problems with these lights in the most recent build. When you enable "DX10 Compatible Lights" which prompts all the effect file conversions, there are a number of the shockwave lights which the fixer does not amend, including most of the landing lights (it does amend all the strobe and NAV lights) - the most commonly used one which is not amended is fx_shockwave_landing_light. Is there a reason why certain effects are excluded from conversion?

Regards

Rob

Update - I think the issue I am observing is purely the main texture on the light not being visible from certain angles - sure this problem was mentioned before in relation to ORBX/UTX lights.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I will look after the holidays, it is meant to convert all lights that might benefit.

Thanks Steve

Upon further investigation, the only apparent change that the fixer makes to the shockwave lights it does convert is to change the Face = 1,1,1 to Face = 1,0,1 in particles 9 and 10. In the ones that it does not convert, the Face setting is already 1,1,1.

I think it has something to do with what other objects are being displayed concurrently and the types of texture attached to them.

Have a good Xmas

Relating to this I also don't see navigation lights in multiplayer on Vatsim

in DX9  they're clearly visible in very realistic distance of up to 25 miles in DX10 I don't see them at all. (?)

I wish it was working properly.
TH
mike