Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

I am really impressed!

Guest Mik75

Hi there!

A few days ago, I installed XPX on a dedicated newly installed second SSD. I directly bought and installed Urban Maxx, SkyMaxx Pro, the Carenado B58 and FlyJSIM's fantastic 727 afterwards. Setup and configuration worked flawlessly and like a breeze. I might not have the definitive optimum with my current settings but XPX looks really impressive with its dense buildings and trees and with its always sharp ground textures.

My main sim is still FSX, I love flying the NGX or the MD11 with FS2Crew, RC4 and MCE for the voice interaction. But I love the look and feel of X-Plane 10:

Yesterday, I performed two cargo flights in the 727F, from EDDK to EDDP and back. On the return leg, I had some strong turbulence and nearly 20 knots crosswind on approach and especially on short final the gusts were very strong. The wing flex simply looked fantastic and after disengaging the A/P at 1000 feet, I enjoyed a challenging approach and landing.

A truly amazing experience, because, even though frame rate dropped to around 20 (very dense scenery at Cologne and some heavy weather over the city and airport), I had not a single stutter and handflying the FlyJSIM 727 felt so organic, fluid and totally credible!

I am really becoming a huge fan of this simulator!

Thanks for posting this...Wow! How did I miss this aircraft. Looks like I'm gonna have to break out the wallet for one last Christmas present!

Guest Mik75

Thanks for posting this...Wow! How did I miss this aircraft. Looks like I'm gonna have to break out the wallet for one last Christmas present!

The Dreamfleet 727 was one of my favourite aircraft addons for FS9, I made countless cargo flights all over Europe in this beautiful aircraft. When I switched to FSX, I had to keep FS9 installed, just to be able to fly the 727 from time to time. Then I got my new computer in December last year, and I didn't want to take the effort to install good old FS9 again, just to fly this one addon.

Since there is no (decent) 727 for FSX, I haven't flown my favourite classic jetliner for almost a year.

When I realized that FlyJSIM released a 727 for X-Plane, I had no other choice, I had to install X-Plane 10. XPX always attracted me with its beautiful looking scenery, it's gorgeous flight modelling, etc., so I had to make it happen! ;-)

And, I'll definitely will spend more time in XPX with 727 cargo flights all over Europe! ;-)

Ahhh, the Dreamfleet 727!

I really miss DF in general.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

What happened to dreamfleet? I loved their work!

I really need a new PC to be able to try XPX, seems to be the hot topic right now

Alaister Kay